Island Acura

Rocky Tarik

Sales Professional
Cosmo Clemente, Sales Consultant, Island Acura

January 07, 2019

"Lease of car with Cosmo Clemente"

- Judy & Mike Cohen

We have leased several cars from Island Acura. Our sales person, Cosmo Clemente has made the process an enjoyable and pleasant experience. He is thorough and knowledgeable. He was extremely patient in explaining the new technology in the 2019 RDX. He even took time several weeks after we picked up the car to explain the Apple Car Play and how to use the map feature. Michael & Judy Cohen

January 02, 2019

"I'll definitely be back!"

- cpucci41

Bob "Gio" Garchitorena was referred to me by a co-worker. I was looking to turn in my RDX and upgrade to an MDX. I called Bobby and set an appointment. When my wife and I arrived at Island Acura we were greeted by a smiling sales person in the parking lot, it was Bob. He had our test drive car sitting out front, running and warmed up! Bob took my wife and I on a very thorough test drive, explained the many different features of the car (in detail) and asked what our needs were. When we arrived back at the dealership we were offered complimentary snacks, water and coffee. Not having dealt with Island Acura before, I was not sure what to expect. I was ready for a long drawn out negotiation. How wrong was I. Bob was transparent and fair through the whole process. He answered all our questions with clear concise answers, We eventually agreed upon a price. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to come back pick the car up another day, sit with finance, etc. Bob said if i could make it back in an hour he could have our new MDX prepped and ready for delivery today, I was shocked. I returned to the dealership to sit with a very knowledgeable finance manager named Jim Dessey, Jim was not pushy listened to my needs and presented products to me that he saw value in. The F&I process was seamless and relatively quick. Bob introduced me to the service department and did a very thorough set up of my new car, adjusting settings, explaining the features, etc. I have to say I was surprised how easy and transparent the process was. Bob is a gentlemen and valued our time. He knows his product inside and out. EVERYONE from Island Acura that we encountered, from reception, to management, to service, had a smile on and greeted us with a friendly hello. Thank You Island Acura for a great leasing experience.

Bobby Gio
Jim Dessey

January 01, 2019

"Worst experience ever!!!!"

- Gina

I visited the place with my husband to buy a used Rdx. The first time we were helped by Cosmo . He was ok . We told him that we will still look around and come back since we wanted to check two more places. When we came back we finally decided which one we wanted and my husband asked for a better price. He got very upset because we asked for a better price , raised his voice .... telling us that you are not customers since we didn’t buy anything from him. Everyone was looking on us . I felt so embarrassed. We asked for a manager who, thank God, was polite and tried to calm us down. We left and we went to another dealership ... we bought a brand new RDX which we are really enjoying . I don’t know if all the salespersons are like Cosmo in this dealership but I work in customer service almost 20 years now and I have never seen something like this. Very bad experience . One thing I know is that I will never visit this place again. There are other places around us to spend our money !!!!!!!!

1998 Jeep Cherokee