Subaru of Kennesaw

Joseph  Ball, Internet Sales Manager, Subaru of Kennesaw

Joseph Ball

Internet Sales Manager

July 12, 2018

"Wonderful Experience Buying 2018 WRX"

- nat3b

I became a Subaru owner in 2014. Since then, like many others, I fell in love with the brand and culture. I wanted to get another Subaru that would not only have enough room to carry my two kids, but also satisfy my lust for a sporty/manual transmission experience. The answer to that is none other than the WRX. After picking out the dark gray 2018 WRX online, I began working with Mr. Micki Floyd. The characteristic about this gentlemen is that I never felt like he was only just trying to make a sell. He is very professional with great business acumen, but more importantly, the personal experience with Micki could be compared to the thrill of driving home in my brand new turbo charged WRX. I'm looking forward to my next experience with at Subaru of Kennesaw

Micki Floyd

June 26, 2018

"Wonderful drop-in service"

- SoftballPlayer9

We were in the local area for a couple of days when our "check engine" and a couple of other warning lights came on in our 2014 CrossTrek. We googled dealerships and discovered that Subaru of Kennesaw was only 8 miles away and open until 6 pm. We pulled in on a Friday at 5:30 and the service department offered to run an initial check on our issues. They discovered multiple problem codes and said they could work on it the following day. They gave us a loaner vehicle and we were quickly on our way to our hotel. Our service advisor (Perry) called the next morning with an estimate of the needed repairs. Once we authorized the work (thanks primarily to a Subaru extended warranty!), we were able to return the loaner and pick up our car soon after lunch. We greatly appreciate the prompt and courteous service...we were treated as if we were long-standing customers! We highly recommend the service staff and vehicle technicians at Subaru of Kennesaw.

Perry

June 23, 2018

"We were talked OUT of buying a car!"

- L.P.

We went to the dealership ready to purchase a vehicle. We had been looking for a while, so we already knew what our trade was worth. Initially the service was good until we started talking numbers. We were low balled on our trade, and they would not even negotiate, and acted bothered when we explained that 3 other dealerships offered us more. My husband's credit score is in the 800 range. This deal shold have been a slam dunk right? Not the case. We told Ralph that we would get our approval through USAA. He stated that USAA was one of their number one banks, and that our application could be ran through them. We said okay. After sitting there for a while, we went online and did the USAA application ourselves because we couldn't figure what was taking so long. We got the approval at 4%. We went to the finance manager and let him know that we would just go with our approval with USAA. We were then shown some paperwork with a 6 1 /2% interest rate, saying that was the best rate they could get us, and that if we used USAA. we could not take the car with us because in the past USAA did not release their funds immediately. That was a complete insult! The car we were trying to get was a used 2013 model, that cost $12,000. I have been to dealerships and looked at $50,000 cars, was on the fence about purchasing it, and the dealership offered to let me drive it home overnight to think about it, and get a better feel for the car. When I went back, we purchased the car using USAA and drove off the lot WITH the car, no problems! ( At the other dealership ) I have used USAA on numerous occasions when buying a car and have NEVER had the experience of the dealer stating that we couldn't drive off until USAA paid them their money. Futhermore, when dealing with a customer with an 800 credit score, the finance manager should have been able to distinguish which bank to run the app through. It was ran through 5 different lenders, which is exactly what I asked Ralph not to do, and he acknowledged that they wouldn't do that because it would mess us up. We left the dealership with the intent to come back and purchase, but after speaking to USAA and inquiring why it would take so long for them to get the dealership the money. USAA themselves stated that we must have been dealing with someone who was incompetent. We will not be purchasing a car with Subaru of Kennesaw due to us being treated unfairly. I feel like they treated us as if we were going to steal the car. Also, when we were asking them to give us a ballpark of the car payment without the trade, the finance manager gave some pushback to Ralph, again acting as if he was aggrivated. In this case, Ralph was not the problem though he did seem agitated at times. The problem was the guy behind the glass running the numbers. The dealer could not make any money on us by increasing the interest rate that the banks gave them, so I believe they were sitting there scratching their heads trying to figure out how they could make more money off of the deal. If you are reading this review, always ask the dealer to show you the " Callback" number. That's the interest rate that the banks actually give you. The dealership gets some sort of kickback for giving you a higher interest rate than the bank initially gives you. That's what they were tryin to do to us. Not this time Subaru Kennesaw! You lost a ready, willing, and able customer to greed, and bad customer service!

Ralph Kurland