Read Reviews Automax Hyundai Norman

Most Reviewed Employees

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Automax Hyundai Norman

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Automax Hyundai Norman has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Automax Hyundai Norman

AutoMax has the best customers in the great state of Oklahoma and beyond! Our wonderful customers have helped make us #1 in customer satisfaction in Oklahoma. Our goal is to meet your vehicle needs and exceed your expectations, whether you visit us for service, parts and accessories, or a new or pre-owned vehicle, and make you a customer for life. Let AutoMax be your first resource to keep you on the road!

We don’t want our customers to just ‘drive off into the sunset.’ We believe our customers should receive the kind of friendly, courteous, professional service that keeps them coming back. Our goal is to get to know you and your vehicle, and be your automotive partner for life!

Our staff of Internet Sales Managers, Sales Consultants, Parts Specialists, and Service Advisors are true automotive professionals. You tell us what you need and want, and we listen and respond. We understand that your vehicle is a big investment, and we will work to make sure you get the right vehicle and the support to keep it in peak condition. We are here to serve you, answer your questions, and provide you with the resources you require for all your automotive needs without any pressure.

Our selection of new and quality pre-owned vehicles is second to none. With two Oklahoma City Metro area Hyundai stores, AutoMax Hyundai Del City and AutoMax Hyundai of Norman, and AutoMax Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Shawnee, we have the right vehicle either here in Oklahoma or on its way. Our websites provide a great resource to see what we have available now or coming soon. You can also contact one of our Internet Sales Managers for extra help and personal care via phone, email, live chat, or text. No matter what method works best, we are here to serve you!

We love your feedback and it spurs us to excel. Thank you for your consideration, your business, and most of all letting us know how we did today!

AutoMax Auto Group Team

Thursday: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Friday: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Saturday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Our Amenities

Oklahoma's Top Ranked Hyundai Dealership in Customer Satisfaction! Free Hyundai Service Loaner Cars
Authorized Equus Dealership Hyundai Parts and Accessories Store
Contact Us Online for Best Service-Chat, Email, Texts and More! Customer Lounge Area
Instant Financing and Multiple Lenders to Fit Your Needs Fresh Hot Coffee Free to Our Customers
One of the Top 15 Hyundai Service Techs-Ask Us About It! Snack and Soda Vending Machines
#1 Service Satisfaction Dealer in District-1st Quarter Flat Screen TV with Cable
Online Service Appointment Scheduling Free WiFi

4/18/2014 6:56:31 PM

Joe  GalindoJoe Galindo
Ronnie NewkirkRonnie Newkirk

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

I was very apprehensive about looking for a new vehicle, since car dealerships generally have a reputation for being aggressive in their approach. And, since my negotiating skills leave something to be desired, I looked at the process with dread. Since my old car had no air conditioning, and I could not face another OK summer without it, there was no choice but to face the situation. However, I was delightfully surprised at how easy it was to work with the folks at Automax Hyundai Norman. Ronnie Newkirk, with whom I dealt primarily, seemed genuinely interested in finding a car for me which I would both like and could afford. "Sweet" was a lot of fun and made me feel at ease and comfortable. They gave me a very good price for my trade-in and we came to a reasonable price for a new vehicle (I had planned to buy something used). I would recommend them without reservation.

"Experience"

OUguy
4/6/2014 3:50:11 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Victor FergusonVictor Ferguson
Greg HaneyGreg Haney
Grant WoodGrant Wood

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

When we showed up to the dealership we did not know exactly what we wanted, but the very friendly and patient staff helped us choose the right vehicle. They allowed us to test drive many cars, and informed us on the positives and negatives about each vehicle that we were interested in. Then when we finally decided on a vehicle, they gave us a very good deal on it. I would definitely recommend this dealership.

Added: 4/7/2014 10:03:55 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this GREAT review of Grant Wood, Greg Haney, and Victor Ferguson. We are very pleased that everyone you came in contact with was able to take such great care of you. We appreciate the recommendation of our Dealership. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

Twitter
"You're So Lucky to have Gizette!!!"

FredrickDraffin
4/3/2014 8:48:43 PM

Gizette RendahlGizette Rendahl

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

What do you do when you expect the pain of buying a new car and instead get service of a lifetime, an awesome deal and the best darn salesperson in your car buying history? You smile a lot! After a lot of searching I decided on a vehicle and a location to purchased it. That's the easy part. The salesperson is "luck of the draw" and I drew a winner. I was greeted with a warm and genuine smile just minutes after I parked and it only got better. After only a few minutes of conversation I genuinely like her. Except for the details of the purchase I didn't ever feel like I was dealing with a saleswoman at all. It felt like having a great conversation with someone you just met and liked. I smiled a lot and laughed even more. That alone is a unique experience for me at a car dealership. I was floored by her professionalism, personality and know how. I still find it hard to believe that she's new to the organization. From my experience I know she will do well. Hats off to Gizette at Hyundai of Norman. I got way more than I expected. I got a wonderful experience. Thank you very much. Oh, she should get a huge bonus, an increase of her commission rate or an all expense paid trip to destination of her choice. I believe you should go out of your way to keep her. I could not select their names from the choices above but there were others within the organization that were equally outstanding. The first was an extremely tall mature gentleman that conducted quality control for Gizette and the gentleman with the 4 beautiful kids in the finance department. Both of these individuals also contributed to making this a memorable experience. Hats off to all of you and again, Thanks

Added: 4/7/2014 10:02:02 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this SUPER AWESOME review of Gizette!!! I'm very happy to hear that Gizette exceeded your expectations and was able to take such great care of you. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

Twitter
"AutoMax Hyundai of Norman, a great dealership!"

sshutt
4/2/2014 12:44:40 AM

Steve GriffithSteve Griffith

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

Just a great car buying experience, by far the best I've ever had! Steve Griffith, our salesman, took the stress out of the process and made it enjoyable! Very professional and knowledgeable and most important to us was that he didn't pressure us! Michael Day in finance also made that part of the process very easy and gave us a great interest rate and payment! Would highly recommend AutoMax of Norman and Steve to our friends and family! Scott and Cristy Shutt

Added: 4/2/2014 9:37:17 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this GREAT review of Steve Griffith, Daniel Albert, and Michael Day. We are very pleased that everyone you came in contact with was able to take such great care of you. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

"Get it in writing !"

DonaldPyeatt
4/1/2014 11:28:40 AM

Victor FergusonVictor Ferguson

2.2

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

Our family has purchased three new vehicles from Automax Norman in the past year. Recently we wanted to make another purchase and worked out a deal over the phone. When we arrived at the dealership they increased the price by $2,000. We have been happy with our purchases and service in the past so we do not know what has changed. We have been loyal to this dealship but I cannot say they have been loyal to us.

Twitter
"We had a great experience buying our new Hyundai. Our..."

kjsnider
3/26/2014 9:40:00 PM

Tim TaeTim Tae

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

We had a great experience buying our new Hyundai. Our salesman, Tim Tae, was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the Hyundai vehicles. We wanted a white Santa Fe and Tim, with the help of Sam, found us exactly what we wanted in Houston. Tim spent time telling us about our new vehicle and was always available by phone. We would recommend Tim and this dealership to our friends and family.

Added: 4/2/2014 9:35:19 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Tim Tae and Sam Atencio. I'm happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that we were able to get you the exact Santa Fe you wanted. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

Twitter
"My husband and I live in Missouri. We were looking for a..."

missouribuyer
3/26/2014 2:23:29 PM

Sam Atencio Sam Atencio
Cyndy BurrisCyndy Burris
Sonja SherwoodSonja Sherwood

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

My husband and I live in Missouri. We were looking for a Hyundai Santa Fe in a specific color, with specific features. Our local dealers did not have the exact vehicle that we wanted, so I began a search for it on the internet. Fortunately, Automax Hyundai in Norman, Oklahoma just happened to have the exact vehicle we were looking for. I emailed them, and began a very pleasant communication with Sonja Sherwood. Over the course the next week, she was patient, informative, helpful, understanding, and never high pressure. Most of our communication was through email as that was my preference. At times, if Sonja was busy or out of the office, Sam or Daniel would respond to me, making email response times very quick. Each and every one of these employees were friendly and helpful. We finally made a deal on both the purchase price of the vehicle and the trade in price on our old vehicle. All of this was done through email, which was very convenient for me. When we were ready to travel to Norman to pick up our vehicle, I voiced concern to Sonja that this was a 10 hour round trip drive for us, requiring a hotel stay. I told her that we wanted to make sure there were no surprises when we arrived. We would have been very unhappy had we arrived and found that the dealership would not honor the deal that we agreed on, or that the vehicle that we wanted was not there. Sonja assured us that this would absolutely not happen, that everything would go smoothly.

So we made the trip. And WOW, were we ever pleasantly surprised once we arrived at Automax! These were absolutely the friendliest, nicest, most honest automobile dealers we could have ever imagined. As a general rule, car salespeople in the past have not been our favorite people!! This was not the case at Automax. These people went out of their way to make sure our car buying experience was perfect. And I do mean perfect. We were totally happy with the price, loved the vehicle once we saw it, and the purchase transaction was quick and easy. No surprises. Sonja took us for a drive in the new car, explaining every detail on our new vehicle. When the dealership became busy and Sonja needed to step away for a few minutes, Cyndy Burris stepped in and explained even more details about operating the GPS and Bluetooth in the new vehicle. She, also, was very friendly and helpful. Michael, the finance manager, made all of the paperwork quick and easy, explaining everything to us as we signed. There was never any pressure to purchase "extras" or to get more money out of us. Everything was just as we had agreed upon.

Overall, this was without a doubt the best car buying experience we have ever had. Next time we are in the market for a vehicle, Automax Norman will be the first place that we check. It was well worth the weekend trip for us! Thank you again to Sonja and the rest of the staff!

Added: 3/26/2014 6:11:37 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write this AWESOME review of Sonja, Cyndy, Daniel, Sam, and Michael. We are very pleased that everyone you came in contact with was able to take such great care of you and that your opinion was changed when it comes to car shopping. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

Twitter
"I have bought three new cars from Tim in five years. I..."

Christic
3/21/2014 4:29:26 PM

Tim TaeTim Tae

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

I have bought three new cars from Tim in five years. I never leave feeling like I wasn't given the best deal! I hate car salesman normally I feel like they try to con and lie. He doesn't play the game. He is prompt on getting with you.

This is the first that I have worked with Michael and he was no pressure and very fast. I was in and out in no time.

I am in love with Hyundai as I buy a nee car every couple of years. I have owned almost every make of car from American to foreign but have no desire to ever drive anything but Hyundai.

Added: 4/2/2014 9:40:50 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this AWESOME review of Tim Tae and Michael Day. It's great to hear that you have bought 3 new cars from Tim in 5 years. It tells me my staff is taking care of you before and after the sale. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you again for your business!

Twitter
"Yesterday my opinion was changed ( not and easy thing). ..."

macmar2
3/21/2014 8:26:02 AM

Cyndy BurrisCyndy Burris

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

Yesterday my opinion was changed ( not and easy thing). The car buying experience went from not enjoyable to excellent! Auto Max of Norman and Cyndy Burrris made that change possible. My wife and I were greeted by Cyndy and car buying became a good thing. She had all the answers and was very patient and caring. She made sure we knew about the complete operation of a car and slowly walking us through all the features of the Santa Fe Sport. She made us feel completely confident , that if any problem or question arose she would be there with an answer. We appreciate Cyndy and her expertise. James & Marian McLaughlin

Added: 3/21/2014 10:06:24 AM

Thank you James and Marian for taking the time to write this great review of Cyndy. We are very pleased that Cyndy was able to take such great care of you and that your opinion was changed when it comes to car shopping. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know. Thank you!

Twitter
"I first went into Automax Hyundai and spoke with Sonja..."

wbraun88
3/11/2014 7:14:44 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Sonja SherwoodSonja Sherwood

My Review Of Automax Hyundai Norman:

I first went into Automax Hyundai and spoke with Sonja about 6 months ago. I was deciding between several different used performance cars and noticed that they had an excellent used selection. I gave Sonja and her staff a description of what I wanted and they kept me up to date with their search. Sonja emailed and called often to touch base and make sure that my needs had not changed. I finally decided upon a Boss 302 Mustang. This is a relatively rare car and as such, I had to travel to Houston to find one that matched everything that I was looking for. Before putting in an offer on the car I emailed Sonja asking her for her advice on the car and the deal I was getting. To my pleasant surprise, she called me immediately upon reading the email and walked me through the process I was about to begin.

Furthermore, after I purchased the car I ran into a mechanical issue and again reached out to Sonja (I'm surprised she puts up with my constant pestering!). She gave me more great advice and even recommended a mechanic in case the dealership would not cover the costs of my repair. She even called me the next week just to check in and see how my situation was going.

To summarize a long and uselessly detailed story: Sonja goes above and beyond the roles of her position and actually cared about helping me find the right car even AFTER I had already bought a car from another dealer! I would recommend working with Sonja to anyone looking for a car in the OKC area!

Added: 3/14/2014 10:17:26 AM

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of Sonja. We are very pleased that Sonja was able to take such great care of you. Even though you did not purchase your Mustang from us this time we appreciate that you were able to get the advice you were looking for and Sonja always goes above and beyond to help her customers.

If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know.

Thank you!