Read Reviews Hackettstown Hyundai

Manufacturers: Hyundai, Service Center

4.3

4.3

based on 37 reviews

Overall
4.4

4.4 out of 5

52 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Hackettstown Hyundai

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Hackettstown Hyundai

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Hackettstown Hyundai"

Drotella1962
8/29/2014 11:40:22 AM

Jack Blazier Jr.

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

Great customer service & one of the nicest salesmen I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would highly recommend this dealership & salesman. I am a very happy customer!

Twitter
"Their incompetency came close to hurting my credit score."

cbranchick
8/28/2014 10:42:14 AM

Dean

2.0

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALER. I bought a car almost two months ago from this dealership. My car that I traded in (also purchased from that dealership) still had a balance, so Hyundai assured me the payoff check would be sent out within a week or two. Well, almost two months later, I get a call asking why I’ve stopped making my payments (on the car that I traded in). Apparently Hyundai was too lazy to mail in the buyback paperwork, and I was informed that my now extremely late payments, on a car I no longer own, were about to go into collections.

When I called Hyundai to figure out what went wrong, the answer I was given was, and I quote, “Oh, it’s still sitting on the president’s desk, he must not have gotten around to signing it yet.” It was finally taken care of, but they were not particularly apologetic, considering their laziness/incompetency came very close to hurting my credit. There was nothing unusual about this buyback, this is something they do all the time and yet they still dropped the ball.

I have always gotten all of my service/repairs done at the dealership, but I will not be returning. As someone who puts over 25,000 miles on my car each year, I have spent a lot of money there on frequent services, and they have lost a valuable customer.

"Great Sales Service"

Rodrigs510
8/26/2014 9:04:27 AM

Bob Hladik

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

I knew I wanted a Hyundai but needed to know more about leasing and financing. Bob was very helpful with answering all my questions and not pressuring me into anything. After a weekend of reviewing my options I purchased my brand new car and it was a vert smooth process. I was taken care of and didn't feel stressed about my decision at all.

Twitter
"RUDE Assocaiate and HORRIBLE customer service"

Sandi S
8/9/2014 7:51:00 AM

Bob ..sales manager

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

i had a secured loan and was referred to this dealership even though was out of state to me and a 1 hour drive. I went but needed further paperwork to finalize loan, so while waiting for th is paper work someone in dealership took it upon themselves to run credit again on me (Again i already had the loan) . I called when i received the letter and the manager answered the phone, when i inquired why the credit was ran he said they didnt do it or send letter. I told him well if this was how things were done i wouldnt buy from them they lost a customer and the others i had referred. I hung up and i was immediatelly called back and the guy yelled at me for hanging up on him and told me NOT to come buy from them. no problem with people like that.. isnt that awesome customer service??? NOT AT ALL

"Elantra lease"

jawsclub
8/4/2014 6:56:57 PM

Arthor Czaplinski

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

Leased a 2015 Elantra, very easy process, and fair pricing. They delivered the car to my door. Very nice way to get a car without the hassle.

Twitter
"Take the Money, Ignore the Customer!"

tselesky
7/7/2014 5:38:10 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
John Diaz (paperwork not handy so not sure of spelling) Carlos
and Michelle (a ray of sunshine)

1.8

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

Purchased 2012 Sonata on Monday June 31st. Sale was completed prior to 2PM. Was told they needed 35 minutes to clean car. Still no car at 5:30. Upon attempting to start car that evening realized they had given me a key and FB for a different car. Tuesday morning returned to dealer to get the correct set of keys. Was shown about 6 sets of keys which they had no idea what they belonged to. None fit. Was told they would look for keys. When I called due to not hearing from the dealership told still looking. Called on Thursday and was now informed that they took car in on trade and only received 1 set? Over the period till Monday 07/07/2014 I had still not heard from dealer I called at 1:20 and was told John my Salesperson was in and I would be connected. Call was then picked up by a Carlos who said John was not in. A message would be left and he will return my call when he returned. No call came as of 4:10 so I called and again and was again told he was in and the call was transferred and John Answered and seemed highly annoyed and that he had still not been able to contact previous owner. John again offered to transfer me to parts department to purchase replacements. Don't know exact amount they would charge, other dealers are in excess of $200.00. In the intervening days I have discovered that oil was well overdue for change and down a quart. Wipers worn down to the flat rubber surface. Cabin air filter clogged and bent. All minor, but, never the less signs of poor dealership practices. For the above reasons I truly can not recommend anyone deal with this dealership.

Twitter
"I got totally screwed over by these guys in a variety of..."

bebe1970
1/27/2014 9:05:09 AM

initially with Timothy Hammond
then with Jose Deleon
the day I was there with Frankie Sanchez and Ronald Gordon
the finance manager

1.2

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

I got totally screwed over by these guys in a variety of ways when it came to their honoring their $12,672 advertised online special price for a 2013 Hyundai Accent GLS manual transmission car. I was initially dealing with Timothy Hammond, the Internet sales guy, as a Truecar customer, who I have found to be very uninformative and very hard to reach after my initial phone conversation with him. He later referred me to a Puerto Rican sales guy, Jose Deleon, but in the end I was dealing with another Puerto Rican, Frankie Sanchez.

The sticker price on the car was $15,455, which included $80 for the cargo tray, $35 for the IPod cable, the $795 destination fee and, of course, the $14,545 base MSRP. The $2,783 discount included the $500 valued owner coupon and the $1,000 retail bonus cash, so according to their advertised special there should have been an additional $1,283 discount given to me. Out of that I only received $283, the remaining $1000 discount was simply left out of their calculations.

What is worse, this dealership is heavily involved in document falsification. Their finance manager, Ronald Gordon, signed off on a $2,000 total rebate on the Hyundai "Rebate Breakdown Form", an amount which includes a $500 "dealer cash" rebate which was never applied to the sticker price. If it had been applied to it, they still would have owed me an additional $500 discount to make the total discount $2,783 ($1,000 + $500 + $283 + $500 + $500). The bottom line is, both the "Motor Vehicle Retail Order Form" and the "Retail Installment Sale Contract" state that my rebates are a total of $1,500 only, so I only got the manufacturer's rebate from them plus an extra $283, which is reflected in the $15,426 vehicle price. This price is actually a reduced price, it was originally $283 more, that is $15,709, because they added $254 to the sticker price (to the $15,455) for two additional accessories I wanted for the car. The breakdown of the $254 is $110 for carpeted floor mats plus $95 for mudguards, plus $49 for shipping the mudguards to me in Southern Vermont from Hackettstown, New Jersey. This is a certified Hyundai dealership that doesn't even have all the accessories in stock so they have to order them for you!! You would think they would waive the shipping fee for me, but no, they had to rip me off on the shipping fee, as well, and they didn't even provide me a receipt for it. The fact of the matter is that I could have gotten the same low price on the car (the same as their advertised special) from six other Hyundai dealerships in the Northeast. They also would have given me a better interest rate on the loan, instead of 10.29% it would have been 8%.

On top of all this, Ronald Gordon pushed two optional products on me during the document signing when he was making sure that all the paperwork stayed in his hands. He prevented me from taking a good look at all the numbers by saying that he had to submit the paperwork by 5 PM. I sat down in his office at around 4:20 PM. He had to nerve to lie to me through his teeth saying that the $719 GAP contract and the $199 theft protection program were mandatory in the State of New Jersey. I almost made a huge fuss in front of him because he wouldn't slow down and wouldn't let me read the paperwork at my own pace but I decided to stay calm instead. I was fuming inside, though, and I was getting very angry. I couldn't wait to drive home and look at everything in peace.

At home I noticed things like a totally false odometer reading on their "Odometer Disclosure Statement", on the "Motor Vehicle Retail Order Form", on the "Application for Certificate of Ownership", as well as in the "Dealer Section" of my loan application form. The odometer in the car was showing 146 miles when I took possession of the car but the paperwork says 25 miles (except for the loan application, on that it says 7 miles).

Another thing that was a low-life thing for them to do was that they totally low-balled me on the price of my trade-in vehicle, a 2009 Hyundai Accent GS manual transmission car with almost 120,000 miles on it. According the all car appraisal websites I should have gotten around $3,500 for it since it is in good condition but after I got there they gave me this song and dance about how they were auctioning it off. Like I believe that!!! They eventually gave me $2,800 for it (I still owed $2,500 on the car). The other Hyundai dealerships would have given me the value I wanted.

These guys use very deceptive and high pressure sales techniques, they rush you through the paperwork signing so you don't notice very important things about the pricing during the two seconds they give you for each piece of paper. What's more, they try their best to refuse to make photocopies for you when you ask them to make copies of every single piece of paper that you have signed in front of them giving you some BS reason like "Oh, it's proprietary information". Give me a break!! I have never had my intelligence insulted like this before. It is so plain obvious that the people at this dealership need to cover up their shady practices so they only want to give you the minimum paperwork so you don't figure things out about them. They think they can get away with treating car buyers as if they were complete idiots. What’s even more annoying, they act like they have some highly important status in society when they're nothing more than a bunch of order takers for car purchases. Stay away from this Hyundai dealership, you are going to save yourself a lot of headache, money and lots of your precious free time.

Twitter
"Requested online quotes from several dealers and..."

cgrand
12/27/2013 11:36:20 PM

Phil
Tim

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

Requested online quotes from several dealers and Hackettstown was one of only two that didn't have some kind of catch. Most wouldn't even give me a price unless I came in first. My salesperson Phil was very knowledgeable and low pressure and the free tires program is a nice perk.

Twitter
"STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!! I went there to lease a 2013..."

chipw4757
12/6/2013 5:35:14 PM

Sales Manager and Jose

STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!

I went there to lease a 2013 Elantra for my daughter. I was told that I would get the courtesy price as I came from a current customers recommendation. So thinking I could trust them, I didn't do any price research. WRONG!!! I didn't take the time to review the numbers on the contract because again, I'm being told I got the very best price. Salesperson (Jose) said it would be at triple net, which is below dealer invoice. I then see on the contract there was a $600 rebate that they kept. Salesman said nothing about it. When I did some research, I came to realize that they screwed me royally. I called the salesman and told him that we needed to meet about this. He assured me that I got the best price and they didn't make any money.

I meet with him and show him the price that I found on TrueCar which showed pricing much, much lower then what I paid. He said he didn't know anything about finance so he'd get the sales manager. He comes over and first starts by saying I got a very good deal and that I didn't understand the pricing. When we went over the numbers, he tells me that they only made $200 on the deal!!!! The same price they said they weren't making any money on! So by my count they've made $800 so far.

When I pushed him for an explanation, he said "this conversation was over." When he came to learn that my wife and I are looking at 2 more new cars (Santa Fe and Azera loaded are combined about $70,000) he changed his tune and wanted to talk again. I then said nope "this conversation is over". Flat out rude and a cheat.

I contacted 2 other Hyundai dealerships and they both quoted me a price which was more then $1,100.00 less then they charged me!!!

This is the exact kind of dealership that gives the industry its reputation of being underhanded, lie to your face crooks. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time going there unless you want to be ripped off!

Twitter
"We walked in there to buy, it took more than 4 hours and..."

chris1092
12/6/2013 1:02:48 PM

Ray

2.0

My Review Of Hackettstown Hyundai:

We walked in there to buy, it took more than 4 hours and we got yelled at by this sales person for negotiating too much.

Reviews 11-20 >>