Honda of Panama City

Honda of Panama City
Honda of Panama City Info

Proctor Honda

Gary Smith Honda

"Mr Davis was very rude! Thought he was a real smart..."

Mr Davis was very rude! Thought he was a real smart mouth. Every time I had a question he had a one liner and he thought he was funny. If this is the type of people I have to deal with I will have to purchase somewhere else.

Lee Davis

"Honda Service Department in Panama City, Florida First..."

Honda Service Department in Panama City, Florida First of all, I called in to request an appointment to have my brakes checked, They were making a squeaking noise. The advisor on the phone said he could get me an appointment for the next day (Saturday, April 14, 2012)at 9:45am. When I arrived about 5 minutes before my scheduled time, the Advisor at the service department told me they would get to me as soon as they could. I advised I had an appointment. The Advisor said the appointment was for me to talk to an Advisor, not an appointment for service. I complained what good is an appointment if you are taking people on a First-Come First-Serve basis. I could have not made the appointment, and gotten faster service by just driving up. I live approx. 1-1/4 hours away from the dealership, and had to wait in the waiting room fro my brakes to be repaired. About an hour after waiting, the Advisor came in and told me it was my rear brakes, and they could get started on them right away. I told them fine, but I thought they had already started on them. About an hour later, the Advisor said they were almost done, and would take about another 15 minutes. About 30 minutes later, I asked how it was going, and the Advisor said the mechanic was taking the car for a test drive, and the mechanic had cut his hand working on my car. I was sorry for the mechanic, but I complained I had been there over three hours, and was the last one to leave from the waiting room. Others had been gone for a good while. I complained I had never had this kind of trouble at an other Honda dealer, and I would not be back. The Advisor and some other lady who worked there told me it was Saturday, and they only had a skeleton crew. I explained that they should not have given me an appointment in that case. They told me, in about two more weeks, they would be moving to a new dealership, and more people in the service department. I told them, don't count on seeing me there. The same people at this service department would be there, and I will not be there. They were very apologetic, but all in all, it was the worst experience I have ever had from a service department. I would not recommend this dealership's service department to anyone. I felt like I would be willing to buy another type of car,rather than a Honda to go through this again, and I am on my 4th, maybe 5th Honda.

"After buying approx 10 new cars in my lifetime, this was..."

After buying approx 10 new cars in my lifetime, this was with out a doubt the very worst buying experience ever. Double ck all figures before you sign on the dotted line, trust me.

sales/finance

"One of the best places to purchase a new or used vehicle..."

One of the best places to purchase a new or used vehicle that you know you will have the security of honesty and reliability!!! They have a very dignified staff working there!!1 I will definitely be returning!!!!

Lorenzo

"Lies, lies, and more lies. The story of my horrific..."

Lies, lies, and more lies. The story of my horrific experience with this dealership is so long and detailed you wouldn't want to hang around to read. So, I am going to sum up my "haggle free, hassle free" experience. I received a price quote through USAA Car Buying program for $0 over invoice. The dealership did not have what I wanted in stock and said they would look around. They dragged their feet, I looked around and found what I wanted at another dealer. Jason told me he would try and find a swap. After several days of no answers, I went to the dealership and asked what progress we had made. Jason said he found the car I wanted in Carolina and I'd have to pay a locating service fee and pay the time it took for someone to go get the vehicle. Told me that the additional parts on the car were being giving to me at invoice, but would never show me the invoice or proof that it was being given to me at cost. The following are listed lies and deceptions I was told 1) Lie: "We had to get the car from a dealer I occasionally trade with in Carolina," Truth: It was the car I had located and told him about- in Georgia. 2) deception: When I went back to the finance guy to pay for the car etc. there was an unexplainable additional $500 tacked on to the price I had agreed upon. When I pointed it out, Lorenzo (finance guy) told me it was the price of the items i added on plus some tax for installation charges. Then he told me he had accidentally keyed in an additional charge for key replacement. I told him my addl warranty charges were listed out further down on the price sheet. Then he said it was the delivery fee, and I told him that that was included in my original quote. Truth: They had tried to slip in an additional $500 to the price and see if I caught it. 3) Lie: When explaining warranty options Lorenzo stated the warranty was limited "3 years 36000 miles". I asked, "isn't the powertrain also under warranty for 5 years?", and he said "no it is not." Truth: Reading the warranty paperwork in the Pilot-- the powertrain is covered for 5 years. There were several other issues, but these are the big ones I wanted to point out- which are enough for me to never recommend this dealership to anyone- even my worst enemy.

Jason (internet Sales), Lorenzo (finance)

"I can truly say that, since this was my first experience..."

I can truly say that, since this was my first experience buying a Honda, I wish I had bought a Honda before! From the dealership's management to the salesman who totally SOLD me on my car, I have never felt more at ease making a car purchase. THAT says a lot. Matt, my salesman, was professional, pleasant and knowledgeable. He was a breath of fresh air when it comes to your typical "car salesman". I understand the dealership, HONDA OF PANAMA CITY, is building a new and better location. I can't wait to see the new site.

Matt

"Traveled 150 miles to look at car that I made a..."

Traveled 150 miles to look at car that I made a preliminary offer for over the phone. which they wanted a $500 nonrefundable deposit for before I even saw the car, which I refused to pay. The car was supposed to be a 'mint' condition Certified Pre-Owned car, but what we saw when we arrived was the exact opposite. Seals were dry-rotted and coming off in numerous places; every surface of the paint was destroyed (some were touched up very poorly); the dealer hadn't even cleaned the interior; pieces of the interior were broken and significantly scratched and gashed; and there were cigarette burns to top it off. We looked at another CPO of the same model before before leaving and it was the same story, but not to the same extent. However, that vehicle hadn't been cleaned either. There were crusty stains on the center console that I easily was able to rake off with my finger. After expressing my discontent to the sales manager with the quality of product he was selling, the guy maybe looked away from his computer once and was quite arrogant in his tone of voice. I informed them that despite the original offer, to get my business, the car would have to get some serious work done, or they could come down off the original agreed on price, they basically weren't willing to do either... The salesman I dealt with was nice and considerate, but that's the only thing remotely nice I can say about this dealership. I will NEVER set foot on a Honda dealer again after this. For Honda to have a dealership like this and let them conduct this time of business practice is not worthy of my hard-earned dollars.

Can't remember their names

"Long story short, ruined the paint job on my new 2011 CC..."

Long story short, ruined the paint job on my new 2011 CC 1 day after purchse when they detailed it, said they would fix it, tried and didn't, refused to let me take it somewhere else and said it wouldn't be covered under warranty, kept the car for a week to fix it and didn't, then they lied to VW corporate claiming they never did the work, refused to fix it, I paid out of pocket to fix the detail job then traded the car, during the trade to value the car the new dealer called Honda of PC for a estimate of what the car is worth, Honda of PC told the dealer I received a significant discount on the car because I bought the car with paint issues...lie! Lies Misleadings and Half Truths that is Honda of Panama.

Sales Manager, Richard

"I have bought three vehicles from this dealership; an..."

I have bought three vehicles from this dealership; an Accord, Odyssey and Pilot. All three have been great experiences and I would not hesitate to buy another vehicle from them. The salesperson was knowledgeable and curteous. Jason gave me fair prices and I was happy. I love their oil changes for life program, so that is never a worry or expense.

Jason LeMarre

"Long story short. Took in my 2001 VW Passatt GLX wagon to..."

Long story short. Took in my 2001 VW Passatt GLX wagon to repair a small oil leak. Over 700 dollars later the leak was much worse. Returned the car and was quoted over 2000 dollars for further repair. When I declined this offer the quote was verbally changed to 1500 dollars. Honest and ethical, I think not.

Service manager, Johnson, Helms