Unfortunately, this is another terrible experience, to the many that I have had at Knauz Mini.
Beware! Terrible customer service, zero attention to detail, and condescending and rude management, specifically the Service Manager. Since I have complained about him and Knauz before, to Mini Corporate; it is abundantly clear to me that Knauz fear not of any reprisals by Corporate. Because for past 4 years, it is the same lousy services being provided.
The other reviews on here seem suspect. Especially after the numerous experiences at Knauz Mini, that I have had. The majority, terrible. Of course, they are extremely nice and pleasant when purchasing a car from them. It's the aftercare which should concern one.
1. When I purchased the car several years ago, they failed to put the correct valve tire caps on my wheels so others can identify there is nitrogen in the tires. So when I asked for nitrogen, other were putting in air. Nobody ever informed me of this color coding.
2. Knauz blasé excuse (Service Manger, Mr. Rolain), was they didn't have the grey valve tire caps. So when it was at Knauz, they too were likely putting in air. Prior to this last service appointment, I called and left voice messages at Knauz (calls were never returned). Now, supposedly, Knauz emptied tires (4 years later). After 4 years, they still claim they don't have the grey tabs. Peculiar indeed! Mini cannot afford grey valve tire caps?
3. On my way to my latest Service appointment I get a phone call from Knauz, he said car rental didn't have any more cars. Really? Of course, I was on my way to Knauz 50 minutes before my appointment (living an hour away). I was not pleased, so, I asked to speak to them service manager. He could care less about my inconvenience. Instead, he blamed the car rental. Failed to apologize, and refused to reschedule my appointment. He said someone would call me to reschedule. I informed the Service Manger that my car was not turning over on the first start, it was taking 3 or 4 tries, and also mentioned the tire fiasco. He suggested the tire issue was no big deal. Really?
4. I returned a call from customer service. She contradicted the Service Manager, and said that service overbooked the appointment. Then, she said, there are no appointments until a week later. Seriously, rampant errors and I have to wait (1 week turned to 2, because I was going on vacation). With a car not starting and nobody cared. Shouldn't Knauz attempted to get me in that week?
5. Every time my car is cleaned at Knauz, it is returned with a dirty film on entire car, and wheel wells are NEVER cleaned. I asked the car service tech to re-clean, and it came back looking the same. Customer Service tech was outside in the cold, attempting to dry my car off. Running it through automated machine and not seeing that it's dirty, is poor customer service and no management oversight.
6. An estimate for 1 dime sized small dent, the quote is $1,000.00, seriously, I would suggest something is seriously amiss at Knauz. Of course, the car estimator said the car wheel wells were filthy, but didn't bother to do anything about it.
7. Lastly, Knauz had my car for 4 days, and the cold start issue was never resolved. Instead, they found other stuff to fix, and charged a premium, and didn't fix what I brought the car in for. A supposed oil leak. Never shown where this so-called oil leak was, etc...
In my experiences with Knauz, they are friendly when you're purchasing a car, but then services are deplorable, staff is unprofessional and untrained, management is useless and condescending, and customer concerns are ignored. Clearly, they don't think there will be any reprisals. I am sick and tired of their lip-service and constant excuses.
An inconvenienced and unsatisfied Knauz Mini Customer
I Recommend This Dealer:
Dave Rolaine, JIm Morris, and many of the other staff.
Did you find this review helpful?