Knauz MINI

409A Skokie Highway,
Lake Bluff, Illinois 60044
Knauz MINI Info
About Knauz MINI

It was almost 80 years ago when, Karl Knauz the father of the current chairman, Bill Knauz, created the dealership that would bear his name for generations to come. Karl Knauz after years of being a chauffeur opened a gas station in Lake Forest. Did he imagine that this modest beginning would come to be one of the most recognized dealerships in the country. The franchises they have now, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, MINI, Land Rover, Hyundai, smart have put their trust in the Knauz family, (with Mercedes-Benz going all the way back to 1959). They have weathered the good times and the bad, and done so by taking care of customer's using 'The Golden Rule".

About Knauz MINI

• Indoor Customer Parking
BellaD
4/14/2015

"Pleasure Doing Business with Knauz"

Knauz is an incredible facility with even better employees. Justin Harris took good care of me during my purchasing experience. Keep up the great work.

April 20, 2015

Thank you for writing a review, it means a lot to all of us in the Knauz family that our customers appreciate our efforts to provide excellent customer service. We will pass on your kind words to Justin and the whole MINI team

ketcham51
4/14/2015

"purchased a replacement MINI"

I have been driving MINI's for 10 years and dealing exclusively with Maria Makris Clark. the experience is always honest, helpful and fast. I would (and do) recommend Maria and Mini to anyone looking for a new vehicle. zero stress, happy customer.

Maria Makris Clark

April 29, 2015

Thank you for the very kind recommendation. Happy motoring!

jmac9
4/11/2015

"Another Satisfied Customer"

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to Knauz and especially their outstanding sales representative Justin Harris for providing unparalleled customer service and product. I will be recommending Knauz dealership to all my family and friends.

April 20, 2015

Thank you taking the time to write a review, we are proud to have Justin and all of our MINI team. We look forward to assisting you in the future

Msclayson307
3/15/2015

"As good as I gets"

Jason was my sales guy and over the past year, when I started my shopping for a new car started, was polite, courteous and just a real nice guy. He was very knowledgeable. He listened to what I wanted and did everything he could do make my car buying experience great. I have bought several cars over the past 30 years from many other dealerships and this experience was the best in my mind. I love my new car and Jason and the dealership made that happen.

March 20, 2015

We are so glad that you enjoyed working with Jason! Everyone at Knauz MINI appreciates your post. Happy motoring!

G mavs
3/07/2015

"No pressure sales. "

Micheal McGuire is MY salesmen. Thank you, thank you for an amazing car buying experience. From the first hello to the last handshake he made everything easy and explain it all step by step. This is how you gain a loyal customer. Micheal McGuire and Knauz Auto have done just that. Thank you. See you next time me or my family needs a car.

March 09, 2015

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with Mike. Happy motoring!

cooper
2/23/2015

"Great sales Girl"

Lauren Makris : Was great I am used to going to car dealers and ready for a high pressure sale's person and getting annoyed and leaving , but Lauren took her time and explained how everything worked on the Mini and without any pressure to buy, she knows her product well and I would recommend anyone buying a Mini to go and see her, and we are very happy with the Mini Roadster we bought. - Motor On

February 24, 2015

Thanks for the post! We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience with Lauren. Please let us know if we can help you with any of your automotive needs in the future. Happy motoring!

JWM
2/09/2015

"Beware, Lip-Service to customer service & complaints. "

Unfortunately, this is another terrible experience, to the many that I have had at Knauz Mini. Beware! Terrible customer service, zero attention to detail, and condescending and rude management, specifically the Service Manager. Since I have complained about him and Knauz before, to Mini Corporate; it is abundantly clear to me that Knauz fear not of any reprisals by Corporate. Because for past 4 years, it is the same lousy services being provided. The other reviews on here seem suspect. Especially after the numerous experiences at Knauz Mini, that I have had. The majority, terrible. Of course, they are extremely nice and pleasant when purchasing a car from them. It's the aftercare which should concern one. 1. When I purchased the car several years ago, they failed to put the correct valve tire caps on my wheels so others can identify there is nitrogen in the tires. So when I asked for nitrogen, other were putting in air. Nobody ever informed me of this color coding. 2. Knauz blasé excuse (Service Manger, Mr. Rolain), was they didn't have the grey valve tire caps. So when it was at Knauz, they too were likely putting in air. Prior to this last service appointment, I called and left voice messages at Knauz (calls were never returned). Now, supposedly, Knauz emptied tires (4 years later). After 4 years, they still claim they don't have the grey tabs. Peculiar indeed! Mini cannot afford grey valve tire caps? 3. On my way to my latest Service appointment I get a phone call from Knauz, he said car rental didn't have any more cars. Really? Of course, I was on my way to Knauz 50 minutes before my appointment (living an hour away). I was not pleased, so, I asked to speak to them service manager. He could care less about my inconvenience. Instead, he blamed the car rental. Failed to apologize, and refused to reschedule my appointment. He said someone would call me to reschedule. I informed the Service Manger that my car was not turning over on the first start, it was taking 3 or 4 tries, and also mentioned the tire fiasco. He suggested the tire issue was no big deal. Really? 4. I returned a call from customer service. She contradicted the Service Manager, and said that service overbooked the appointment. Then, she said, there are no appointments until a week later. Seriously, rampant errors and I have to wait (1 week turned to 2, because I was going on vacation). With a car not starting and nobody cared. Shouldn't Knauz attempted to get me in that week? 5. Every time my car is cleaned at Knauz, it is returned with a dirty film on entire car, and wheel wells are NEVER cleaned. I asked the car service tech to re-clean, and it came back looking the same. Customer Service tech was outside in the cold, attempting to dry my car off. Running it through automated machine and not seeing that it's dirty, is poor customer service and no management oversight. 6. An estimate for 1 dime sized small dent, the quote is $1,000.00, seriously, I would suggest something is seriously amiss at Knauz. Of course, the car estimator said the car wheel wells were filthy, but didn't bother to do anything about it. 7. Lastly, Knauz had my car for 4 days, and the cold start issue was never resolved. Instead, they found other stuff to fix, and charged a premium, and didn't fix what I brought the car in for. A supposed oil leak. Never shown where this so-called oil leak was, etc... In my experiences with Knauz, they are friendly when you're purchasing a car, but then services are deplorable, staff is unprofessional and untrained, management is useless and condescending, and customer concerns are ignored. Clearly, they don't think there will be any reprisals. I am sick and tired of their lip-service and constant excuses. An inconvenienced and unsatisfied Knauz Mini Customer

Dave Rolaine, JIm Morris, and many of the other staff.

February 09, 2015

As we said on Yelp, our Service Manager, Dave, would be happy to speak with you. We do care about our customers, and we want you to be satisfied with your experience. Please let us know what we can do to help.

Ty
2/01/2015

"You will enjoy your visit to Knauz Mini!"

I just purchased a CPO mini from Knauz. Lauren is my motoring advisor! She was amazing and extremely helpful in all aspects. In addition, she knows everything about mini! I was quite impressed. Will come back to her when I upgrade my car down the road! Thanks Lauren and Knauz!

February 02, 2015

Thanks for the post, Ty! We are so glad that you enjoyed the experience of working with Lauren. Happy motoring!

Reapie
1/28/2015

"Excited!"

Everyone we encountered at Knauz was friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. I am in love with my Mini and confident that any questions or concerns I may have will be answered with efficiency and professionalism by Jason and the rest of the staff.

January 30, 2015

We appreciate your kind post. We are so excited for you! Happy motoring!

Michele
1/21/2015

"AMAZING!"

I absolutely love my new Mini Cooper Countryman! The car is amazing and so was my experience at Knauz Mini. Mike and Lauren were the best! They were patient while I was making a decision, and I did not feel pressured at all. I went to several different dealerships and no one even came close. I will go out of my way to recommend and use this dealership in the future.

January 21, 2015

Thank you for the recommendation, Michele! We're so glad you had a great experience with Lauren and Mike. Happy motoring!

Reviews of Justin Harris