Koby Import Auto Inc.

Koby Import Auto Inc.
Koby Import Auto Inc. Info

Anderson Subaru

Lee Volkswagen Subaru

"Great service & experience!"

We had a great experience at Koby Subaru! Mary and all of the people with whom we dealt were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They were not pushy like a lot of car sales people. We told them what we wanted and they worked hard to find the car and price we laid forth. I even had to go back to get "training" on all of the digital items on the car. They gladly helped me. I would definitely recommend Koby to people looking to buy a new car. Look at a Subaru. They are a hidden gem! Jenny

Mary Barras

"We can not say enough good things about Koby Subaru. We..."

We can not say enough good things about Koby Subaru. We decided to go from Pensacola to Koby Subaru in Mobile based on their pricing and their inventory. Once we were there, we were treated like family. Mary took time to answer all of our questions. After purchasing our Forester she has made herself available for all of our follow up questions. We decided to have some extra accessories installed by them rather than the Pensacola Subaru dealership because of the great customer service we received when we purchased the vehicle. Again, dealing with Sid in the Parts Dept and Natalie and Ryan in the Sevice Dept was like dealing with family. We would highly recommend this dealership.

Mary Barras; Craig Valenti; Sid; Ryan Smith

"I had Koby Subaru service my 2012 Porsche. They took care..."

I had Koby Subaru service my 2012 Porsche. They took care of some issues in a timely manor and at a reasonable price. They are very easy to deal with.

Scott, Natali, Brandon

"Craig went over and beyond to get my car sold and get me..."

Craig went over and beyond to get my car sold and get me in a car that I could afford ! I Highly recommend this dealership and Craig Valenti.

Craig Valenti

"My husband and I purchased a used 2005 Mazda6 in August..."

My husband and I purchased a used 2005 Mazda6 in August 2013 as a first car for our youngest son. Our salesman was Bruce Phichit, who by all accounts was very pleasant. We enjoyed talking with Bruce and he is a well mannered young man. Although he was pleasant, the information he gave us was misleading. First, we were told the car we were looking to buy had one previous owner. Second, the car was described as having an excellent record of maintenance. We believed the statements. We bought the car, paying slightly over blue book dealer price. Roger Koby emphasizes reliability as his strongest point, so we felt confident that we had been given a fair deal. Craig Valenti assisted the sale. We were set! ... for a few weeks. We drove the car approximately ten weeks before it jumped time, causing internal engine damage that has left the car inoperable. We are told the car needs a new engine. Yes, this is bad news, but even worse is the poor service, false statements and avoidance we have received from Koby staff since then, specifically from owner Roger Koby. We purchased the car in August and it broke down in November. We had the car towed to Koby Service and released the car to Ryan Smith to diagnose. We waited patiently for a month. Yes, a month. After numerous phone calls to Ryan, and dealing with his many varied excuses, avoidance tactics and lack of answers or professionalism we asked Steve Pierce, another Koby employee, to give us a hand with diagnosing the car. Steve did an excellent job and within a week we were told that we needed a new engine. It was bad news, but at least we knew which direction to go. On Dec 13, 2013 we brain storm with Steve Pierce and Craig Valenti for options. Craig expresses that the Koby dealership would never intentionally deceive a consumer into buying a car that did not meet strict quality standards. He speaks to my husband and I about the high integrity of Koby Subaru. He states that Mr. Koby is willing to give us special consideration on a trade in or an "at cost" motor. I believe him and decide on a trade in. We shopped the used lot and were surprised at what we learned from the salesmen who were privy to our situation. There are several cars on the lot that are, "No good", cars that we "don't want to get involved in". Cars that are described as the "biggest piece of junk out here". These used cars (some are still on the lot) are in the ten thousand dollar range- poor family that buys them. In spite of learning that there are other lemons on lot, we decide on three possibilities and request a price from Craig Valenti. Unfortunately for us, we received more of the same avoidance. At least this time it was unintentional. When we finally get Craig by phone a week later, he states he forgot our request and is swamped. He promises us a price same day. The price comes three days later via email on Dec 26, 2013. The deals are not as sweet as promised, so after consideration we decide the 'at cost' new motor will be best. Like most good consumers, we request quotes for a new motor from local dealers and servicers for price comparison. Roger Koby's "at cost motor" is the most expensive. By this point, we are not surprised nor amused. We requested in writing and by numerous phone messages for Roger Koby to meet with my husband and I to discuss the details of the price discrepancy and to hopefully come to a common point. To date, 01/21/2014, Roger has ignored us and all requests. The only communication we have had from Koby is today, 01/21/14, when Steve Pierce called to confirm release of the car to the tow service. I would highly discourage anyone from buying from Roger Koby. I understand Subaru is a well loved brand, but why give your business to a local who knowingly sells Used cars that are "no good"? If you are stuck on the Subaru brand and live in Mobile, make a quick drive to Pensacola or New Orleans for an honest dealer. Our personal plans include a new motor for our son's car. Most importantly we are cutting our losses and taking our future business elsewhere. Hopefully you will give consideration to what happened to our family and choose similarly. Thank you, Kim Reeher

Craig Velenti, Roger Koby, Ryan Smith, Bruce Phischit

"Bruce took us for a demonstration ride in the Forester..."

Bruce took us for a demonstration ride in the Forester & was thorough in his explanation of the features. He spent a great deal of time answering our questions & made us feel very comfortable with him. We have been very happy with our Forester & would recommend friends to visit KOBY Subaru.

Bruce Phichit mainly & Derrick Pickens

"The friendly ppl, and the knowledge of the vehicle! They..."

The friendly ppl, and the knowledge of the vehicle! They listened to our needs and showed us the cars. Test drove and we fell in love! Ordered a 2014 and the great experience didn't stop there, Derrick spent over an hour going over all the features, answering questions, making sure we were comfortable driving away! Definitely reccommend this place of business! Not to mention the great vehicle! First time buyer of a Subaru! Love my Subaru!

Derrick

"Thank you Koby Imports for a great buying experience! ..."

Thank you Koby Imports for a great buying experience! Everyone was so helpful in every way. I am completely satisfied with the purchase of my new Subaru Forester!

Mark and Bob

"We were passing through Mobile on a road trip from..."

We were passing through Mobile on a road trip from Houston to the Smokey Mountains, and our Subaru started giving an engine check light, while disabling the cruise control option. We passed by Koby Subaru dealership around 5:30 on a Friday and decided to see if there were any mechanics left on duty who could help us out. Sadly the service department closed at 5. However, Mr Koby, the owner, was still around and it turns out that he is a certified Subaru master mechanic, and he kindly lent himself to look at our car. In abut 20 minutes we were back on the road, with all warnings resolved, and cruise control back online, all at no charge. I can wholeheartedly recommend Mr Koby's dealership with full confidence of his values.

Mr Koby

"I have had the easiest and most plesant time buying my..."

I have had the easiest and most plesant time buying my car. This is the second car my family has bought from Koby Import Auto Inc. and both were at a great price. The dealership was very clean and professional. The paperwork was hassel free and quick. My wife is now looking at buying a car from Koby. I have told all my fellow employees about the great deal I got and where to go for their next car.

craig valenti