Koby Import Auto Inc.

Anderson Subaru

Lee Volkswagen Subaru

unimpressed
8/12/2015

"Mr. Kolby stated we should have bought a better model. "

We bought a used Mercedes from Koby ; it required $500-$1000 monthly repairs. The service staff was helpful with each visit. When we spoke with Mr. Koby about the continual expense or repair, he stated,"You should have bought a better model." We were shocked at his response and never went back.

Mr. Koby

pkbeach
7/27/2015

"Sold my daughter a salvage title and claimed NOT to know!"

My daughter bought a car from Derrick at Koby. Everything was great and then we received a call from Derrick claiming he didn't know the car had a salvage title when he sold it to us. They agreed to let her get a different car or to reduce the price of the car. After talking with her she decided to keep the car she had and take a 500.00 reduction on the car. Koby sent the paperwork to Florida so we could register the car. After 4 attempts and Koby's repeatedly sending the paperwork to the WRONG place in Florida we finally decided to title the car in Alabama where she attends college. Alabama registered the car and you would think that would be the end of this story BUT..Derrick now avoids our calls. He has been supposed to get us a headrest for the vehicle that is missing and it's been 5 months but NO headrest and now he won't even return our calls. Also the difference of about 300.00 in the TTL fees have never been credited to my daughter's loan balance. BUYER BEWARE!! UPDATE...I have since talked to Derrick who claimed that the headrest was on backorder and that I would need to talk to David in Accounting. Apparently Derrick thinks I'm an idiot without Google! I left a message for David to call me and to my surprise he called me within 5 minutes! I wish I had known his name from the beginning!!!! I had searched Google and found the headrest and when I talked to David I expressed my EXTREME disappointment in Derrick! He apologized told me he would take care of the tax money and then told me he would check on the headrest. He had Scott call me back. I emailed the link to Scott for the headrest I had found and he ordered it, shipped it to my daughter and sent me the confirmation of the order! IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN TO ASK FOR DAVID AND SCOTT FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!! I'm updating my customer service rating and my friendliness rating from 1 star to 4 based on David and Scott's help! DO NOT DEAL WITH DERRICK!!!!

Derrick P, Craig, Jerrick, Scott, David

Mountainbikeguy27
6/25/2015

"Great!"

Everything went great, all the sales representives were very nice an very patient with me. An the car is awesome it has all the needs that I need an then some. Thanks a bunch, y'all are the best.

Derrick Pickens

bsbeach
3/10/2015

"Don't buy used car without double checking your car fax"

Koby Subaru is perhaps the best experience I could have hoped for in receiving my first car. I found the car online and contacted the dealership. I received an email shortly the next day. Derrick spoke with my grandmother and made sure to help her understand the car's condition. My grandmother lived outside of AL, so she really had to trust Derrick. I was in another state when this was all taking place. Derrick made every effort to make the car ready when I came back, and spoke with various members of my family. When I called, Derrick informed me the car was ready and I could pick up later in the day. When I was at the dealership, I met Jerrick. Jerrick was a great help and took care of me until Derrick came. I met Derrick shortly after, and he was incredibly helpful and so nice. He answered all questions and my grandmother was very much apart of our conversations. He cleaned the car, replaced the various areas of concern before I picked the car up. In the end, I am glad I purchased a car from Koby, and I would do so again if I decided to ever trade. I am so glad to have a dealership that cares about me. I wasn't some number to them, I was a college kid getting their first car. Thanks Koby Subaru!! Update: I found out my car was salvaged and the title was cleared. It was a mess and I opted to keep the car as I was told this was not really a big deal. Next time, I will definitely ask more questions but I got money off of the car however that has not been applied yet, but it is a work in progress. It's been over 3 months though. I, also, got my car serviced for an oil change and I told them I was having trouble starting my car. They tested the battery and it came back fine however I got the battery tested elsewhere and the battery was bad. I got a new battery somewhere else. I have also been waiting to receive my headrests and the book for my car for over 3 months. Luckily, we have had two men at the dealership, one named david and the other named scott help us with these final things that derrick was suppose to do but has not. They have definitely helped a lot more than anyone else there although Craig helped with the registering for my car tag. I am very disappointed in this dealership. It was a positive experience until I bought the car, and I had problem after problem, but thank you to david and the other employee. So, in the end, be aware of your cars problems. I would recommend this dealership for only ONE reason, the prices on used cars are really good, however be aware of Derrick and the staff (they may give you the run around; don't let it take you over 2 months for them to do something for you) and get your car fax and read it before you decide to take the car. Make sure they double check everything, including the title!! Derrick is a nice guy until you need something, after you have bought the car. Also, don't get your car serviced by them. I got my car serviced for an oil change and they didn't reset the computer so my engine light was on and where I got my car serviced informed me of this.

Derrick P., Craig, Jerrick, David, Scott

Xbamapilot
12/14/2014

"I have now bought 5 cars from Koby"

This is my fifth car from Koby and they finally got me into a brand new Outback and I can't understand what took me so long. As always, the buying experience was easy, painless and fun. I have never had a bad experience with the dealership or staff. No pressure, their products sell themself and the service has always been top drawer. The dealership is clean, the shop is clean and you will never find more courteous people. All my life I wanted to deal with a place like this for a car, and this is it. I bought my first car from them in 2008 and now I'm retired and I won't even consider going anywhere else. Put Koby at the top of your list and they also have a detailing business that does excellent work.

Craig V, Derrick P.

fairhope
5/31/2014

"Great service & experience!"

We had a great experience at Koby Subaru! Mary and all of the people with whom we dealt were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They were not pushy like a lot of car sales people. We told them what we wanted and they worked hard to find the car and price we laid forth. I even had to go back to get "training" on all of the digital items on the car. They gladly helped me. I would definitely recommend Koby to people looking to buy a new car. Look at a Subaru. They are a hidden gem! Jenny

Mary Barras

Carlie14carter
4/03/2014

"We can not say enough good things about Koby Subaru. We..."

We can not say enough good things about Koby Subaru. We decided to go from Pensacola to Koby Subaru in Mobile based on their pricing and their inventory. Once we were there, we were treated like family. Mary took time to answer all of our questions. After purchasing our Forester she has made herself available for all of our follow up questions. We decided to have some extra accessories installed by them rather than the Pensacola Subaru dealership because of the great customer service we received when we purchased the vehicle. Again, dealing with Sid in the Parts Dept and Natalie and Ryan in the Sevice Dept was like dealing with family. We would highly recommend this dealership.

Mary Barras; Craig Valenti; Sid; Ryan Smith

rmljml
3/14/2014

"I had Koby Subaru service my 2012 Porsche. They took care..."

I had Koby Subaru service my 2012 Porsche. They took care of some issues in a timely manor and at a reasonable price. They are very easy to deal with.

Scott, Natali, Brandon

twhite72
1/31/2014

"Craig went over and beyond to get my car sold and get me..."

Craig went over and beyond to get my car sold and get me in a car that I could afford ! I Highly recommend this dealership and Craig Valenti.

Craig Valenti

kreeher
1/21/2014

"My husband and I purchased a used 2005 Mazda6 in August..."

My husband and I purchased a used 2005 Mazda6 in August 2013 as a first car for our youngest son. Our salesman was Bruce Phichit, who by all accounts was very pleasant. We enjoyed talking with Bruce and he is a well mannered young man. Although he was pleasant, the information he gave us was misleading. First, we were told the car we were looking to buy had one previous owner. Second, the car was described as having an excellent record of maintenance. We believed the statements. We bought the car, paying slightly over blue book dealer price. Roger Koby emphasizes reliability as his strongest point, so we felt confident that we had been given a fair deal. Craig Valenti assisted the sale. We were set! ... for a few weeks. We drove the car approximately ten weeks before it jumped time, causing internal engine damage that has left the car inoperable. We are told the car needs a new engine. Yes, this is bad news, but even worse is the poor service, false statements and avoidance we have received from Koby staff since then, specifically from owner Roger Koby. We purchased the car in August and it broke down in November. We had the car towed to Koby Service and released the car to Ryan Smith to diagnose. We waited patiently for a month. Yes, a month. After numerous phone calls to Ryan, and dealing with his many varied excuses, avoidance tactics and lack of answers or professionalism we asked Steve Pierce, another Koby employee, to give us a hand with diagnosing the car. Steve did an excellent job and within a week we were told that we needed a new engine. It was bad news, but at least we knew which direction to go. On Dec 13, 2013 we brain storm with Steve Pierce and Craig Valenti for options. Craig expresses that the Koby dealership would never intentionally deceive a consumer into buying a car that did not meet strict quality standards. He speaks to my husband and I about the high integrity of Koby Subaru. He states that Mr. Koby is willing to give us special consideration on a trade in or an "at cost" motor. I believe him and decide on a trade in. We shopped the used lot and were surprised at what we learned from the salesmen who were privy to our situation. There are several cars on the lot that are, "No good", cars that we "don't want to get involved in". Cars that are described as the "biggest piece of junk out here". These used cars (some are still on the lot) are in the ten thousand dollar range- poor family that buys them. In spite of learning that there are other lemons on lot, we decide on three possibilities and request a price from Craig Valenti. Unfortunately for us, we received more of the same avoidance. At least this time it was unintentional. When we finally get Craig by phone a week later, he states he forgot our request and is swamped. He promises us a price same day. The price comes three days later via email on Dec 26, 2013. The deals are not as sweet as promised, so after consideration we decide the 'at cost' new motor will be best. Like most good consumers, we request quotes for a new motor from local dealers and servicers for price comparison. Roger Koby's "at cost motor" is the most expensive. By this point, we are not surprised nor amused. We requested in writing and by numerous phone messages for Roger Koby to meet with my husband and I to discuss the details of the price discrepancy and to hopefully come to a common point. To date, 01/21/2014, Roger has ignored us and all requests. The only communication we have had from Koby is today, 01/21/14, when Steve Pierce called to confirm release of the car to the tow service. I would highly discourage anyone from buying from Roger Koby. I understand Subaru is a well loved brand, but why give your business to a local who knowingly sells Used cars that are "no good"? If you are stuck on the Subaru brand and live in Mobile, make a quick drive to Pensacola or New Orleans for an honest dealer. Our personal plans include a new motor for our son's car. Most importantly we are cutting our losses and taking our future business elsewhere. Hopefully you will give consideration to what happened to our family and choose similarly. Thank you, Kim Reeher

Craig Velenti, Roger Koby, Ryan Smith, Bruce Phischit