Russ Darrow Toyota Scion

Russ Darrow Toyota Scion Info

Andrew Toyota-Scion

Wilde Toyota Scion

1981 Lifetime Reviews

"pleasant and stress free"

The whole buying experience was pleasant and stress free. The sales staff at Russ Darrow are very personable they helped us to test drive and look at a variety of different vehicles. I will be back for future purchases and will refer many friends.

jim

"very nice"

This was my first new-car purchase in years All Questions answered cordially and fully the people at the dealership were very nice and it was so quick. Once again the Russ Darrow team delivered a great deal for an excellent car!

tim

"extremely helpful "

so extremely helpful in getting me a pre-owned, affordable vehicle friendly, knowledgeable and just a nice guy. I would definitely recommend Russ Darrow to friends and family.

tim

"always willing to help"

I was unable to print the coupons off the web site and they were more than willing to help me to save the $5 off of the oil change and I even got a free car wash.

matt

"I was banned for service because I purchased from heiser toy"

I went to Russ Darrow Toyota on a Friday night and was given a price for a new rav4. The next day I went to Heiser Toyota. They gave me a price 150 less. I went back to Russ Darrow and they said they could not match that price. I thanked them for their effort and went home. 15 minutes later Jon Corey, the salesman called me and threatened me by saying if I purchased from heiser, they would not service my new vehicle at Russ Darrow and I was banned from their dealership. I called Toyotas national office and they said I should contact dale Janus the customer service rep. He confirmed that I was banned with no explanation but referred me to the general manager dan schutts who rudely called me a bad customer. I asked what I had done to become a bad customer and he said our conversation was over. I would seriously think twice before buying at Russ Darrow, they cannot match other dealerships and became rude when I purchased elsewhere.

Jon Corey, dale Janus, dan schutts.

"I called about a car and asked about pricing for a Rav4...."

I called about a car and asked about pricing for a Rav4. I was told "our prices are firm. With the internet regulating pricing we can't go any lower, so don't even waste your time if you are going to ask for a discount. What time would you like to come in today?" I thought wtf, and said I am not interested anymore. I received a call back in 15 MINUTES stating they could knock $200 off. Now right off the bat I was being lied to. I decided to check it out anyway because it was exactly what I was looking for. I drove it and loved it. It was terribly scratched though. MANNY said they could buff it out so I returned the next day and it looked alright. That's when he told me he was told by his boss they can't knock the original $200 off anymore because they paid to buff it. That upset me, but I still looked into financing. Manny gave me a form with confusing pricing containing a hypothetical lease situation that didn't break down the total of the car. When I asked he avoided the question. I asked for a pen and worked out the math and figured it out myself. This is the crazy part... He then took my paper and started walking off with it. I said I need that and he told me he'd be right back with it. When he returned without it he said its property of Russ darrow and I cant have MY NOTES back. I marched to his boss and demanded it back and he returned it without too much hesitation. I told him to right down how much the car is and he did. Then he subtracted the $200 that we had initially discussed. Turns out Manny had lied to me when he said the $200 went to buff 'my' car. It's hard to sell cars when you are focusing your energy on your web of lies instead of on your product and customer relations. I visited 13 other dealerships in the area and this was BY FAR the worst experience. Its unfortunate because that was the exact car I wanted at an OK price, but I was so upset with the deceptive tactics they utilize that I could not give them my business. Ended up buying from LIFETIME AUTO (just west on 33) and got a great car, a great deal, and most of all the staff was honest and informative. I felt like I 'bought' my car instead of being 'sold' it. Ask for CAROL

Manny Aljamrah

"Michael Marx and his team lead Brandon worked with us..."

Michael Marx and his team lead Brandon worked with us over two Saturdays on the purchase of a used Dodge Caliber. The process went smoothly and we are pleased with the car. Thank you!

Michael Marx

"Communication is just terrible. I would not recommend..."

Communication is just terrible. I would not recommend working and doing business with Russ Darrow Toyota. I made a horrible mistake going to them for customer service. When purchasing my first new car I added a service contract with a 30 day window to cancel if I decide not to have it. After the first day my wife and I discussed more about it and decided to cancel the service fee. We communicated our request with the senior financial adviser who we worked with to purchase our car. He confirmed our request to cancel the service contract and told us that he will submit a form for us to sign and confirm the cancellation. This will give us an 'x' amount of credit towards paying off our new car. He told us it will take about 2 weeks to process everything and we should see something in the mail between 1 or 2 weeks. After two weeks I called them but everytime I did it just so happened he was busy with a customer. This happened about a dozen times. 4 weeks in total since the purchase and I've been trying to reach the guy. I'm extremely disappointed and very upset with the service.

Gabe Drake

"My first new car purchase...2000 Toyota Corolla...I was..."

My first new car purchase...2000 Toyota Corolla...I was very excited...wanted a Corolla for years. Purchased a CE model for about 15 grand. They promised me excellent service for any issues...even made me sign a document to that effect that they owed me nothing but outstanding service as a customer. Stereo died at about 15K. Replaced it under warranty at Russ Darrow WB...okay, all good. Check engine light came on around 30K...took the car in...charcoal canister, part of the fuel vapor reclamation system. Their service department said it was the first time this ever happened...they'd have to order one. A few weeks later, got a call...took the car in again to have the canister replaced...took about 10 minutes and they gave me my car back. Tech said everything was all good now...no check engine light. Figured out later that they simply reset the onboard computer and didn't replace the part at all. I'd burned up 2 days of my precious yearly vacation from work for absolutely no results! A few thousand miles later, the check engine light came on again. Problem was, mileage was past 36K...no warranty. Called Russ Darrow WB and complained...the Tech said not to worry at all...charcoal canister does not affect performance or reliability of the car. So, I forgot about it. Check engine light has gone on and off several times over the years. This part of the country we have emissions tests on vehicles every couple years. Lucked out on those tests...check engine light was always off when the test came around...until this year, anyways. Check engine light was on...and the car failed the emissions test...rendering it undriveable in my particular county, until the problem was repaired...and these repairs can be very costly. What a great December gift from Russ Darrow! Called Russ Darrow WB's complaint dept. and told the guy my story...that I felt like I'd been suckered out of my car's warranty. He took my phone# and told me he'd check with his people and get back to me. Never happened. Really have loved my Toyota...the nearby dealership makes owning one intolerable though. Everytime that check engine light came on over the years, I got more and more angry inside. And believe me...more times than I can remember...I have been a very effective walking anti-advertisement for the so-called dealership. Was thinking about getting another Corolla this year...read up a bunch, looked at and watched reviews...lots of nice improvements on the vehicle...stability control...antilock...more airbags and room. Gas mileage slightly worse though...and evidently, the solid state processor for the automatic transmissions have a habit of failing around 100K. Went to a (different) dealership, talked with the saleman for a bit...when it got down to it, he flat out denied the transmission problems...body language said something else though...he knew about it. Went back home finding myself sick of Toyota dealerships. I'm done with it. Toyota makes some nice cars...but they need to take a long look at their representatives. Long story short...just purchased my first New 2009 Honda Civic. Paid cash straight up for it. 15K...year end closeouts. Dealership was great...no pressure...smooth transaction. This car rocks! Compared to my old Corolla, I feel like I'm hopping into a spacecraft. My father owns one too...he's been getting close to 50 miles/gallon if he keeps his speed between 60-62 MPH. Reliability ratings are much better...and believe it or not...this is one of the most made in the USA cars out there. Here's to the better man! His name is Honda.

M. Bechler