Sam Swope The Big Lot

Makes: Used Car Dealer

Sam Swope The Big Lot
Sam Swope The Big Lot Info
About Sam Swope The Big Lot

Welcome to Sam Swope Honda World serving the greater Louisville, KY area. Sam Swope Honda World is a Honda Auto Dealer Sam Swope Honda World is proud to be Louisville’s premier location for quality Honda vehicles. Our mission is to provide our customers with superior service and an easy buying process. We offer a wide variety of new and used cars, with unbelievable savings.

About Sam Swope The Big Lot

Sunday 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

"I want to first off start by saying thank you Sam Swope..."

I want to first off start by saying thank you Sam Swope for employing Marshall Dean, because if it wasn't for Marshall I would not have found/purchased my car. As soon as we arrived at the dealership he approached us with a smile that warmed our hearts. We walked around with him I know for an hour or more in the cold, and he was just enthused as we were to be there. We test drove with him and he even highlighted major specs, very knowledgeable man. Marshall cared for us 100% through the whole process, ensuring that we were taken care of. I've never met anyone like him, he valued our time and I know I bombarded him with phone calls, he never missed a one. After everything was said and done he welcomed us to the Swope family, and he's right, we didn't just feel like customers, we do feel like family. Words cannot describe how appreciative I am for Marshall. We will return to Sam Swope for future auto purchases and I will recommend this dealership to anyone. Marshall Dean I simply cannot thank you enough!

Sam Swope The Big Lot responded to this review

January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We love hearing our customer’s feedback and I'm glad Marshall Dean provided you with an excellent experience. Marshall is very knowledgeable and takes the time to ensure each customer finds the vehicle that is right for them. We strive for each customer to have a great experience with us. Please let us know if we can assist you further! Sincerely, Mike Porro VP/General Manager Sam Swope Honda World

"I have bought 4 cars from Marshall over the course of 4-5..."

I have bought 4 cars from Marshall over the course of 4-5 yrs. He is the only person I will buy from because of his integrity and diligence. He treats you like family and makes sure that you have the best car buying experience he can possibly offer. In my honest opinion if Sam Swope lost him they would be losing the best thing their dealership has to offer! He is the reason I come back and only purchase vehicles from Sam Swope even if I see a better deal elsewhere I will only buy from him.

Sam Swope The Big Lot responded to this review

October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. Marshall is a great Sales Associate and takes the time to ensure that the customer is satisfied with their car buying experience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance! Sincerely, Mike Porro VP/General Manager Sam Swope Honda World

"Had a great first time car buying experience. Eric was..."

Had a great first time car buying experience. Eric was very friendly and provided or obtained any information I needed. Will recommend to others and will return to buy my next car!!!

"This dealer has always been within the community for many..."

This dealer has always been within the community for many years. The Big Lot was an incredible place to deal with and more than fair in continued pricing and not pressuring into buying. Diana Muir from the Volvo store was very accomodating in her information and very attentive to follow-ups and questions answered timely. Mr. Swope has been a acquaintance through church membership and the dealers name and reputation is highly recommeded to anyone buying or selling. Thank you to everyone from the young man who cleaned the BMW at delivery and those from Honda finance personnel whom helped with paperwork too. Thank you all and love the Z3-a fun vehicle to drive and just in time for the summer........Curtis Snively

Richard-Sales Manager

"My wife and I purchased an 02 Toyota Highlander in jan...."

My wife and I purchased an 02 Toyota Highlander in jan. 2012. The vehicle seemed to be in good shape. No leaks, very clean, a 2 owner vehicle and good car fax. It had 79784 miles on it and we thought it would run for a long time, being a toyota. Right after the limited warranty ran out I noticed the oil light on one morning while going to work. I stopped at a gas station and checked the oil and it was 2 quarts low. I went inside and bought oil and put in it. It only had 82000 miles on it and wasnt even do for an oil change yet. After that i checked the oil weekly and had to put oil in it just about every week. I took it to sam swope to have the check engine light checked right after i bought it and the service person said it was the gas cap causing the light to come on, this was before i realized the vehicle was burning oil. The highlander now has 101000 miles on it and ive had 2 different mechanics look at it and both said the engine needs to be replaced due to a mechanical defect in the motor. I called sam swope to see if they could help with the replacement of the engine and they basically said too bad. So here i am with a toyota with 101000 miles on it and it needs a new engine. Sam Swope should have made sure since it was a certified used car that it was in tip top shape and didn't have a problem with oil burning. Toyota had a problem with these engines and actually had a class action law suit against them but it ended in 2010. Of course now anyone buying these vehicles are stuck with replacing the engines because dealorships like Sam Swope either don't care about their customers or they are too dumb to do the proper research when purchasing cars for resale.

"Damon was awesome, five stars across the board. He held..."

Damon was awesome, five stars across the board. He held open the door for my mom and I as we arrived, and was extremely pleasant to work with. He immediately showed cars in my desired price range, unlike many other salesman who push the envelope, which was a very nice change of pace. He wasn't pushy and was extremely knowledgeable about his makes and models. I would definitely recommend Damon to anyone looking to buy a car, I'll definitely buy from him in the future. Thanks Damon.

"I thought he was a very good sales person. He went above..."

I thought he was a very good sales person. He went above and beyond when i visted the delershipe. he's great and i really injoyed coming to look at used cars there. I have remcomanded Doug to my my grandmother to come up there and look for cars up there and to ask for doug when she comes. Doug really made me feel like i was home when i came to look at used cars. HE IS A REALLY GOOD SALESMEN! I vistited up there was on friday the 21 on december. My name is Michael h Metts.

"We bought two cars from Damon.He is very professional at..."

We bought two cars from Damon.He is very professional at what he does. We were so impressed with his understanding of cars and his great attitude that we recommended a friend who needed a car very badly. I can understand the success that Sam Swope has because of the skills, people friendiy disposition, and honesty that Damon Hampton possess. We are recommending all our family and friends to Sam Swope and ask for Damon Hampton. Donna Washington

Damon Hampton

"First I would like to give honor to our Lord & Savior..."

First I would like to give honor to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. I followed my inner Spirit(gut)to call Mr. David Lail to see if their was something that could be done for a vehilce my son & I had purchased from Sam Swope in April 2012. Had Big Time problems. I left Mr. Lail a message on his mobile & not expecting to hear from him so quickly, he called me back immediately!And from his wife's hospital room, I was truly surprised & impressed! I explained the situation & he got to work & I begin to receive calls from several members of Sam Swope, from Kerry Donavon(VP)Steve Stuber(Director of Sales). When I first called Jamie was very helpful to open a case for me & she notified everyone mentioned above. All parties involved has made a bad situation an Amazing One for me & my family! My son is like a new man. He was allowed to get this vehicle checked out by a machanic he trusted & all turned out to be a positive deal for him. He is HAPPY again only because each of you at Sam Swope listened to me & my son & you had a heart to believe & understand what we were feeeling here. As a team & family Sam Swope stepped up to the plate & accepted responsibility to make this situation gone bad a truly great one for us. All I can say right now is, I am so glad I made that call Mon. Nov. 12, 2012! Thanks to each of you for a Joyous New Year coming, 2013. My son really deserved this & I was willing & ready to do all I had to do for this mission to be accomplished with VICTORY! as it was. Peace to each of you & your families this Holiday Season. Thanks Sam Swope Honda World Betsy Denise Boyd

David Lail, Kerry Donavon, Steve Stuber, Greg Brinley, Kent Donahue, Jamie (Pam Swope's assistant) Inesha (receptionist)

"Mr. Hampton is by far the worst car salesman I have ever..."

Mr. Hampton is by far the worst car salesman I have ever talked to. He absolutely lied about several things regarding the sale, price, dealership profit, etc. All he did was try and change around the monthly payment rather than the total cost of the vehicle. Overall, it is clear that this gentleman is out to get you and if he is not personally going to make a $1,000 or more profit from you then he will NOT work with you, instead he'll lecture you on how a business should be run. Unless you are happy with sticker price, don't work with Damon Hampton.

Damon Hampton