Read Reviews Sandia BMW

3.5

3.0

3.3

based on 4 reviews

Overall
3.2

3.2 out of 5

13 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Sandia BMW

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Sandia BMW

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Service adviser, Joseph Velasquez, has taken care of my..."

StephenHennig
3/20/2014 3:34:40 PM

I Recommend This Service Center: Yes
Joseph Velasquez

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

Service adviser, Joseph Velasquez, has taken care of my wife's three 328's and my twoX3's for the past seven years. He is exceptionally qualified and professional. Joseph always ensures that service and repairs are done correctly and in a timely manner. I appreciate that he is able to explain repairs in an understandable way. I would recommend Joseph and BMW to everyone!

Twitter
"A very sorry bmw experience, you see the commercials you..."

mars5405
10/19/2013 11:10:26 PM

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

A very sorry bmw experience, you see the commercials you expect quality you won't get it here. Nothing but excuses.snobbish from the receptionist too busy playing computer games, to the service manager too busy about making a buck than making sure the clients are taken care of.

Twitter
"Without going into my personal experiences at this..."

SKDriver7667
6/25/2013 4:36:53 PM

Employee(s) Dealt With:
Service Dept to include service rep and manager

2.4

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

Without going into my personal experiences at this dealer, I will give a brief synopsis of what i feel the is problem with Sandia and Santa Fe BMW.

1. They are the only game in town, so essentially its either lump it or leave it attitude! (If you read some of the early postings, there is proof of that.) So how you are treated regardless of age, wealth, or being a long time customer is very inconsistent. Once I thought to myself how many times do I have to spend money in this place before someone acknowledges me a good regular customer. Approaching a customer with a greeting and have you already been taken care of or stand by and I will be with you in a moment certainly goes a long ways.

2. These problems are not just systemic to Sandia and Santa Fe BMW, but peppered here and through out other BMW dealers in the lower 48 states.

3. As of July 2013 the new JD Power automobile reliability and customer satisfaction was released, and BMW was #18
Ranking below Chevy, which is a clear indication that BMW North American has a big problem. This obviously is a clear indication that BMW has lost quality control in the US,

4. BMW North America needs to tighten up the stipulations on how their franchises are run. If you call BMW North America with a customer complain, they act as a liaison between you and the dealer. They have very little control on what they can do or tell a franchise/dealer.
I feel they always will side with the dealer because they can massage terms in a way that makes the customer look uniformed, negligent, confused, or a financial issue as for the entire basis for the complaint.

5. This "Liaison Faire" attitude of poor customer service and king of the mountain only game in town issues need to be addressed. I sure BMW World Headquarters would be appalled if they knew about all the monkey business that goes on at a select number of dealers here in the U.S.

6. There are two solutions to fix this Sandia/Santa Fe problem, handing down stricter guidelines to franchise/dealers. If they are not followed or adhered to, it would limit the dealers ability to get certain vehicles.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
BMW should open a third independent dealer in ABQ, RIo Rancho, Los Lunas, etc.
This has already been proposed to BMW North America.
AFTER COMPETITION IS GOOD
After all no should and to drive their BMW to AZ or COLO to serviced, and the sad fact is that a few people do.

Twitter
"The experience we had was GREAT! From the Sales Person..."

AngeleyesND
3/2/2013 10:49:57 AM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Rudy Lopez Sales Barry Finance Manager

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

The experience we had was GREAT! From the Sales Person and his professional manor to the Finance Manager that took very good care of us. We will defiantly buy our next car with Sandia BMW. We felt at home and the staff made us feel like friends. When we have any questions on the car we can call anytime and the Sales person is willing to help. The service was just Great and a very good experience!

Twitter
"Lack of communication Took my car in for service ..."

sribuccag@gmail.com
1/2/2012 8:14:30 PM

2.4

Lack of communication
Took my car in for service
brought it home did not drive
it for a couple of weeks then when I
started it there were funny noise and smell
and the car sputtered took it back
in they charged me to say it needed work on the steering column
now another problem 800.00 to fix
I may be a woman but I am not stupid!!!

Twitter
"Stopped in this dealership to look at the 3 series..."

psychodo
9/7/2011 12:54:39 AM

Arnold
Josh

1.5

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

Stopped in this dealership to look at the 3 series sedans- The whole experience was terrible. I had to wander around the showroom for several minutes (on a Monday)before someone even asked if I needed anything. The salesman that was assigned to me seemed annoyed with my questions and tried to show me a 1 series instead. They they offered to sell me a loaner car- but at the price they determined. Completely unwilling to negotiate..on a car they wanted me to buy. The attitude was bad enough that I went looking elsewhere at competitors cars (and buying a much nicer vehicle). Unlikely that a new car will be purchased from this dealership anytime soon. I'd rather travel to Denver/Colorado springs or Phoenix.

Twitter
"I bought 3 cars over 11 years with this dealership. The..."

Pmay0313@aol.com
7/25/2011 2:48:32 PM

Roxie and Simon

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

I bought 3 cars over 11 years with this dealership. The only reason I am not still using the is I moved to LA and it is too far to commute. Ski on is the New Car Sales Manager. He is outstanding and never fails to speak to my husband and I in the dealership or out and about. Roxie is our Sales Rep and is fantastic at balancing all the aspects of the sale. I now consider her a friend as well as my "BMW Chick!" what can I say about Tony? He ROCKS! He handled all my service things for 11 years. He even called my new dealership to provide some needed info about an after market add on Sandia did for my car. I consider all three of these guys to be friends now. The rest of the guys at Sandia are just as responsive. I really can't say enough about them. I am still grieving over my loss of the dealership. It is the best I have worked with, ever!

Pam May

Twitter
"After moving to NM, I needed to replace my O2 sensor in..."

Beth Renner
6/22/2011 9:43:20 PM

service manager

2.7

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

After moving to NM, I needed to replace my O2 sensor in my BMW 325ic. I was told by the service manager that they would need to "get to know my car" before they could work on it!I was thinking, why should I have to pay for the service department to go on a date with my car. I later went to 3 other mechanics to try to diagnose what I already knew to be my o2 sensor. I ended up fixing it myself. Hey, Sandia BMW just because youre the only game in town doesn't mean we have to go to you for sales or service. I would rather drive to Arizona or California, for that matter to do my business. I have owned a 1981 bmw 323i in Germany and have alway had great service, unfortunately here in the US they seemed to be working on ego rather than customer service. Hey service department, how would you feel if you had to take your wife to the doctors and they told you they had to "get to know her first?"I guess this is not far fron the truth because this is the attitude the customers get while being at your dealership. Maybe you should offer knee pads and cigerettes when servicing your costumers.

Twitter
"I have purchased/leased 3 new vehicles from this..."

WXman
6/16/2011 11:01:18 PM

Cathy
Simon
and Barry

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

I have purchased/leased 3 new vehicles from this dealership and have nothing but great praise for their professionalism and customer service. I haven't needed much service yet, but the one time I had a problem with a tire I showed up without an appointment and was treated courteously. I got the car repaired and was on my way. I don't anticipate the same problems highlighted in some of these reviews, but if the dealership goes "bad", I'll let you all know.

Twitter
"1. We purchased a 135icic. Minor repairs, price, and..."

wsmr01
8/19/2010 7:25:11 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)
Simon
Barry
Fred Badgett

My Review Of Sandia BMW:

1. We purchased a 135icic. Minor repairs, price, and service was great. Trade-in was very fair as well as price on our purchase. Minor repairs not noticed at the dealership were promptly accepted and performed, even after I left the lot. Fred Badgett was as professional a salesman as I have ever worked with.

2. Repairs and service to all of our BMW's has been excellent, but in particular to our M6. Mr. Tony Van Dyke (Service advisor) professional attitude in taking care of my problem was an example that should serve as a model for the service industry.

Reviews 11-20 >>