Zumbach Audi

Zumbach Audi
Zumbach Audi Info

Flemington Volkswagen Porsche Audi

Bell Audi

"I was looking for a Q5 Premium Plus (SLine Pkg) and setup..."

I was looking for a Q5 Premium Plus (SLine Pkg) and setup a meeting with some salesperson named David Watson. Could have had me fooled because when I asked for his contact info I didn't even get an audi email address. All I got was his personal gmail address sent from his iphone. Was this guy a rookie or something that he can't get on a computer and email me like a regular Audi Brand Specialist? Once me and my wife got to the dealer I was asked to wait as David was with a customer. 45 minutes of waiting I finally met with David and we sat down and met in a small coffee table by a large beam where he just had a clipboard a calculator and a inventory sheet saying they had the Q5 I wanted in inventory. I was being charged $1,000 under MSRP which was absolutely horrible. Every time I attempted to negotiate my price David went back to "the office" where he was playing middle man between me and the sales manager. They never budged on the price. This cat & mouse game occurred for 30 minutes until I got fed up and expressed my displeasure. Couldn't the sales manager meet with us from the beginning? They then budged a bit on price and asked if I could make a deposit today. I responded yes and he wanted to take my credit card with him to the sales manager without me even getting confirmation of the final sale price!! Thats when I decided to take my card back and leave. Only when we threaten to leave does the sales manager Roger Detanico finally decides to show his face after 40 minutes of going through this back and forth. The total experience was shady, uncomfortable and frustrating. Zumbach has this impression that they can name their price and we just have to take it. Perhaps this works with the richer folks that come to your dealer but not your average middle class family. Zumbach Audi definitely needs a lesson in customer service. Maybe from New Country Audi of Greenwich where I got my Q5 from. Great service and got the car I wanted. Now every time I drive by the west side hwy past Zumbach Audi with my Q5 I make sure I give them the finger!

David Watson & Roger Detanico (Sales Manager)

"I had an appointment to appraise my car because one I had..."

I had an appointment to appraise my car because one I had ordered was in. I ordered the car through a leasing agent I knew. My old car was a 2005 Audi 8L W12, the Audi flagship. I purchased it new for $131,000.00 This car is very rare and special. There are about four of them in the New York area. Jerry Seinfeld has one. After a few minutes of screwing around with me, they offered me $21,000.00 for this three year old car with just 31,000 miles. I told them that I had had a minor hit in the rear panel passenger side. The car fax is clean because it was so minor. They claimed that they were offereing me so little because the frame had to have been bent and they would have to disclose it. More BS. As I left, I went across the street and they offered me thirty thousand dollars more ($51,000) on the spot. Zumbach Auto are a bunch of thieves. They figured I was stuck because my new car was in.

SUSAN SCHMIDT

"Went to Zumbach to install new windshield after I was hit..."

Went to Zumbach to install new windshield after I was hit with a rock. First of all, they promised me a loaner but did not have one when I arrived for my appointment. I had to call "AUDI CARES" before I could get anywhere. When I picked up the car, I found that they had sent the car to some window shop (I could have done this but I wanted Audi service) who installed non-Audi glass. Then I found out that they had not hooked up the automatic wiper connections and the auto on features didn't work anymore. Then, they tried to charge me for "adjusting" the auto windshield wiper feature. They told me that "adjustments are not covered by warranty. Car has never been the same. By the way, the car was an audi flagship W12 that cost me over 131,000.00. I was still treated like crap.

Greek Name

"i took my audi in for a regular service last year. the..."

i took my audi in for a regular service last year. the service reported that i needed new rear discs + assoc work. when i picked the car up from 51st st i immediately noted the marked noise of miss-fitted (or defected parts?) discs. it was so bad that people were turning to stare at the noise at all traffic signals back to the east side of town. i took the car back the next day. zumbach made some "adjustments" and i picked the car up the day after. unfortunately on the drive back home the car still had an issue with excessive squeak from the brakes. i again took the car back to the garage. that day the mechanic "forgot to look at the car". unfortunately due to work commitments i could not follow up on this issue until a few months later and recent service in dec 2007. the car had done a few hundred miles in the meantime. at this service i informed the service managers of my ongoing issue. the technicians checked the brakes and charged me for the diagnostics. my brakes were fine. nothing wrong. i was told it was due to rust(?). they charged me to clean "rust" and i was advised to drive with my brake depressed for a few blocks to rectify the issue. since this brake noise resulted from the initial work (ie on the drive out of their workshop) then this is clearly rubbish? my car (or my previous audis : s3(uk) & a4(us) ) has never had this issue with brake noise before even when it is parked outside in a hard winter in jersey. now it is garaged in ny. this week i took my car back a week later after the service and told zumbach service manager that there is still an issue. even after a 3hr drive i would stop at traffic signals and my brakes would squeak loudly. i was THEN informed that NOW the front brakes were in dire need of replacement (something that my service the WEEK before didn't reveal?) and was charged an additional $188 for the work. i drove my car back tonight and things seem to be sorted out at last. i fully aim to follow the complaint process through audi usa and zumbach. this has not been a happy experience. i like audis but this experience has really tainted the enjoyment of my car and audi. i had much better service from nj and paul miller. not so far to drive from nyc eh?...... i feel that i can not trust this garage i have owned audi's since 2001 in three countries and 2 US states (NY & NJ). this is the worst customer service i have ever experienced in terms of audi dealerships.

many

"I have driven a BMW for many years and with my lease..."

I have driven a BMW for many years and with my lease coming up in May I was seriously considering switching to Audi. I called this dealership to make an appt. to meet with a sales person and to test drive a car. I called twice, left a message and nobody called me back. Finally I asked the receptionist to please transfer me to a real voice, I finally made an appt. I arrived at the dealership on time, but the salesperson was not ready. He didn't even acknowledge us that he was busy with another customer and would we mind waiting. After about 20 mnutes, nobody bothered to help us. The sales person had my cell phone # and could have called to say he was delayed. We asked if the saleman could be paged to she how long it would be. There was no response to the paging. Finally, another sales person with an attitude came over and asked what he could do for us. We had explained that we called to make an appt. after attempting twice before and we wanted to know how much longer it would be. Salesman was terribly rude and said now that you are done complaining, I would be happy to help you. We took offense to his tone and told him so. He said, good, I don't need to sell you our cars. We commented about their lack of professionalism and poor customer service at which point the salesman said he really didn't care. He became almost physical with my husband and made a religious slur towards us. Needlless to say, no car is worth this abuse. My mind was easily made up to return to BMW where the service is impeccable and cars drive great. I was looking for a better value but audi showed me that there was no reason to leave BMW. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone I have any respect for. Nobody should be treated as we were treated that day.

Milen Zvetkov and John Eisenberg

"I posted this on Zumbach Motors but I specifically mean..."

I posted this on Zumbach Motors but I specifically mean Audi ... ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. WORST EVER. Everytime I send the car in for service, they tell me they will call if anything additional needs to be done, but THEY DON'T always do so. If they do, they will be very vague about it, and they don't quote $$ for labor, so your bill comes out WAY MORE than it should. Also, it's like a wild goose chase HUNTING down the service agent to speak to throughout the day. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. DO NOT SEND YOUR CAR HERE.

"Was charges for work not performed on brakes...was..."

Was charges for work not performed on brakes...was supposed to have had pads replaced among other things...they charged me for the pads, yet they were never replaced. I found out later as my rotor was grinding.....and get this, I had returned with the car to say "hey the service light came on and there is no windshield washer fluid in the car", John stated "we performed the service, I guess the mechanic missed that and didnt reset the computer, lets do that now". I was fine with that, then 4 months later, I discover thay never performed the service at all and I was driving my baby with nasty oil for months. They had the car for a week and all they fixed was the radio, they are disgusting in their practices!!!!

John I

"My first car from them was a 2001 S4, I had an argument..."

My first car from them was a 2001 S4, I had an argument with the service manager at the time, very rude and ignorant. Their body shop was just as bad, my car was vandalized and taken their for repainting and body work. Nearly three month later the car was returned a mess. Two of the doors were not hung right (according to them) so there was a whisling noise at speeds of 50mph and up. The color was wrong, and metal and plastic panels of the car didn't even match. After complaining they claimed that the cars come from Audi that way, the plastic and metal parts painted in different shades! They never fixed the car until I returned it from the lease.

When returning the car unfortunately I saw an RS6 on their lot and a very friendly sales person. In a moment of passion I lost my head and bought another car from Zumbach. I guess I should be shot! I just had the car for its first service; first it took 3 weeks to get an appointment, then it took 3 days to have the car serviced but then at the end it was still incomplete. I had the car delivered to my garage but I didn't see it for few days since I was away on a trip. The car was all scratched up and my attendant which I've known for many years says that it arrived that way from Zumbach, of course they don't accept any blame. Now we're into the 4th week from the service, the missing part arrived two weeks ago but they couldn't locate it when I took the car in again and I still haven't heard from them. This is Audi's most expensive car yet they treat the customer like shit. I will never buy another Audi again as long as I live in New York, I'll probably put the car up for sale just to get away from this dealer.

"Refused to acknowledge that there was anything wrong with..."

Refused to acknowledge that there was anything wrong with the car. In fact, the very rude service rep insisted that I come pick up the car,because THEY were done with working on it. After I insisted they call Audi USA, they acknowledged that there was a problem and eventually fixed it a week later. In the meantime they left stains on my seats AND scratched up the front bumper while parking it in their public parking garage.
The service manager offered to get the damage repaired, but after seeing the state of their "in-house" body shop, I declined and complained to Audi.