Would not recommend this dealership - very distasteful sales strategies including bait and switch on sales pricing, lies about rebates and interest amounts, and classless comments about your trade-in.
1. Bait and switch – the listing for the 2017 Nissan Rogue we recently purchased was $23,500 (after rebates). When we were shown the vehicle, again, the sales woman indicated the price of the vehicle to be $23,500. Once the offer was presented, the vehicle was now $24,500 due to a mandatory $999 Texas Protection Package that was already ‘part of the vehicle’ per the sales manager. This practice is complete bait and switch. We refused to pay for this, but the sales manager stated it was part of the vehicle and a mandatory part of the price.
2. The sales manager lied to us about the rebate deadline. The sales manager informed us that the rebates being offered expired at midnight that day(May 31st). The reality was that the rebates being offered did not expire at midnight, but were instead available thru June 5th.
3. The sales manager lied to us about the interest we would be paying on the vehicle. The sales manager informed us that over the first 6-months of the loan, we would ‘only pay a couple hundred dollars in interest.’ The facts of the matter, we are scheduled to pay $500+ in interest over the first 6-months of the loan (4.5% interest rate despite excellent credit).
4. We inquired several times for the interest vs. principal breakdown of our monthly payments (essentially an amortization table). We were passed from the sales woman we were working with to two other individuals who would not provide the breakdown, and eventually passed to the sales manager who would also not provide this detail (instead, simply stating that we would ‘only pay a couple hundred dollars of interest’ over the first 6-months’). At no point would they provide specifics beyond 5-year total interest at the very end of a very long process.
5. Upon trading in our vehicle, the sales manager told us we were lucky to be getting $1,000 in trade-in value. He stated ‘your car is junk with over 200,000 miles. It will go straight to our dump the second you walk out of here.’ This was simply a classless comment. Also quite interesting given less than 4-days later our vehicle was listed on their website for nearly $3,000.