Please beware of this dealership!!!! We went to this dealership to inquire about a 2008 GMC Acadia. We were interested in purchasing one that was not on their lot. However, the first time we visited, we received some printouts of several different vehicles that we were told we could get "no problem". At the time they were offering an incentive that would expire on June 2, 2008 at midnight. In the meantime, we did visit other dealers in the area to compare prices. On June 2, we visited Mr. Mayfield to see what they could for us. He printed out several options of this particular car that were out there for us to purchase. Upon leaving the dealership to make our final decision at home, we were told that they close at 6:00p.m. We went home and decided which car we wanted to purchase and proceeded to call Mr. Mayfield. When we reached him, he did inform us that the dealership that had the car had closed, and he would contact them in the morning. We did ask him if the price he quoted would still be the same. He assured us it would.
The next day June 3, 2008, I called @ 10:30 to see when we would be able to pick up the car and was told that he was trying to make a deal with the dealership that had the car we chose to purchase. He said he would call when he had an answer. He called at 4:00 that afternoon to inform us the deal had fell through, they had nothing to trade for that particular vehicle. We then immediately told him to just get one of the other's he had quoted on June 2. He called back and said that he had a problem, the dealership was not willing to 'back date' their paperwork and the car would cost US $500.00 more. I asked him why, and he said, "Because the sale was not made on June 2." I reminded him that WE had given him our choice on June 2. He still said we would have to pay $500.00 more for this car. I asked why we were being faulted for what I felt was an error on his part. He then told me that if we would have come to the dealership a little earlier in the day on June 2 or sometime the week before this would not have been a problem. Well, I had a little trouble with this, because we had asked Mr. Mayfield and 2 different occasions about when we needed to let him know what we had decided. He told us by Monday, June 2. We were not aware that there would be any problem getting these vehicles, or what time we needed to tell him. We were assured it would be "no problem". If we had been aware that there would have been any question that we could not get the price quoted, we would have acted quicker. We were just trying to get the best price possible on a $40,000.00 car. We don't take such a big purchase lightly. I feel like we were told that price would be valid and Mr. Mayfield should have done everything he could to get us the price he quoted us originally. Instead I feel like he put the blame on us 'taking to long to make a decision'. I do not feel like Mr. Mayfield could have cared less about us, the buyer. If this is the kind of business Jim Bisop does, we do not want any part of that.