Volkswagen of South Mississippi

1122 Pass Rd, Gulfport, Mississippi 39501 Directions

1 Review of Volkswagen of South Mississippi

August 26, 2013

"I purchased a new 2013 vw beetle 3 months ago and paid..."

- gatesja

I purchased a new 2013 vw beetle 3 months ago and paid cash for it. Love the car but it has some problems. When the roof is closed the windows are suppose to come up and close also. It must have a bad switch somewhere because the 2 windows on the passenger side go up and down sometimes. The rear window has to be raised up to 4 times for it to remain closed. The car was brought to the dealership and I was told it didn't do that while it was there so they can't fix it. It has a beautiful sounding stereo/cd/sat radio the was one of the better ones. It sounds great when it's working . The radio or cd starts playing when the car is started and plays for one minute and cuts off. You have to reset it to the media you want and start it playing again. It also cuts off when driving which can be very irritating. It may cut off as often as 3 times on a 8 mile drive. I had been told at the dealership the there is a programing error and even changing out the radio won't work. So I paid all that money for a good stereo that doesn't work right. The dealership promised me good service and I even paid cash for an extended service contract. So I paid over $20,000 in cash for a car that I wanted and saved for 40 years. Apparently the service department and the dealership is not willing to address these problems. Is it because I paid cash and din't finance thru them and they don't want to do the warrenty work. They have been very courteous but this does not equal the good service that they promised me in writing! I still have all these problems and want them fixed so I can enjoy the car of my dreams. Get the Bugs out of my Beetle PLEASE!

TERRY